If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Dump Truck Jobs category.
HSE Mining Pty Ltd , since its beginnings in the Northern Territory in 1991 as Howard Springs Earthmoving Pty Ltd, has grown its reputation as a reliable and innovative mining services company.
They supply a range of CAT & Komatsu machinery to mining companies, servicing large mining projects across Australia, in the process creating 100’s mining jobs.
Their experienced management team have years of experience in the mining, quarrying and road construction industries. They’ve been instrumental in the rapid growth of the company and in gaining a reputation for completing projects on time and within budgets, with an emphasis on safety and training of their workforce.
For people searching to get a job in the mines in Australia, HSE Mining have developed become experts in working with a variety of mining methods, not only coal and iron ore, but also in copper/zinc, nickel and gold. Their fleet of mining vehicles consists of over 150 pieces of earth moving plant and machinery. With its head office in Perth, Western Australlia, HSE currently employs over 700 people, ranging from accountants to haul truck drivers.
They also have a team of highly skilled plant operators, all of whom are assessed internally by HSE Mining`s own training and assessment program to achieve the highest of standards.
HSE have developed a modular type of workshop facility that enables the correct maintenance of their machinery to be carried out on-site. This facility also allows HSE Mining to continue to improve the training, assessment and development of all their personnel on projects in Western Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory..
HSE Mining has been able to develop and maintain a highly successful and dedicated approach to Workplace Health and Safety practices whilst maintaining its reputation and position as a reliable and innovative Company.
If you would like HSE Mining to assist you with any new and upcoming projects then please contact HSE Mining.
HSE Mining Ensham Mine:
Since starting at this mine in March `04 near Emerald in Qld, HSE Mining has continued to expand its pre-strip operations and fleet size to be one of the major contractors on site.
With 230 people and a fleet of large equipment, the HSE Mining team has worked very closely with Ensham Resources and will continue to do so to make certain the highest safety standards and maximum production outputs are achieved.
HSE and Ensham are currently working on the next 5-7 year mine life plan for the pre-stripping fleet.
BMA Saraji Mine:
HSE was recently awarded a 5 year pre-stripping contract by BMA at the Saraji Minesite, located in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland. Saraji is located 60kms south east of Moranbah approximately 200kms south west of Mackay.
Workers are accommodated in high standard accommodation at the nearby town of Dysart.
The pre-stripping operation involves the annual excavation of overburden ahead of the client’s coal mining operations. HSE has brough in a number of new excavatora and haul trucks to the site. There are mining jobs for 360 people at this site.
Find our more about HSE Mining by clicking the links below. This a good opportunity for people searching to get into the mines. Do your research on the mining company first and build your knowledge, then research the job vacancies and see what qualifications and experience is required. Do you have any RII mining qualifications on your resume?
HSE Mining Projects
The Frances Creek Iron Ore Project of Territory Resources. HSE Rental is supplying the mining equipment with onsite maintenance provided.
Some of the mining equipment for this project provided by HSE Mining include 3 new EX1200 excavators, 5 new HD785-7 dump trucks, 3 new 777 dump trucks and a mix of other support and ancillary equipment, such as lighting through to new dozers and specialised earth moving equipment.
MGM’s initial contracted HSE Mining to help with their mining project. Their needs were for an excavator at the Tallering Peak Project in WA. HSE Rental stripped and transported a brand new EX2500 from QLD to WA, with a set up and run time of only 4 weeks. Today there are a many reliable cost-effective mining machines working at Tallering Peak, all provided by HSE Rental with support staff on location.
Koolan Island project is a hematite mining operation is located approximately 140 kilometres north of Derby, in Western Australia. The mining operation has over 14 pieces of heavy mining equipment, ranging from EX360 and EX2500 Hitachi excavators to CAT 789 dump trucks and D11 dozers.
HSE Mining Training Programs:
No previous experience necessary.
HSE Mining will comprehensively train you to build, maintain or operate some of the biggest and most powerful machinery in the world!
To become a HSE Mining operator you must complete the mandatory HSE Mining Life Skills Program. For more information click here.
Get a mining job with HSE Mining:
HSE Mining operates at many of the largest, busiest and productive mining locations across Australia.
They can provide employment opportunities in a variety of fields involving heavy earth moving machinery because they have extensive experience in mining, quarrying and road construction.
HSE Mining is always on the lookout for skilled and reliable staff in the the areas of:
- Machine Operation
- Equipment Maintenance
- Maintenance Planning
- Project Management
- Site Supervision and Safety
- Diesel Fitting
- Crew Coordinators
If you want to work in one of the strongest and most financially rewarding industries in Australia, there has never been a better time to become involved in mining. The range of job opportunities with HSE Mining are endless.
There are a selection of FIFO rosters including 6/6, 5/2 and 2/2, depending on the job description. You can apply online on the HSE Mining website at http://www.hsegroup.com.au/employment/positions_vacant
Mining Jobs Boards
- HSE Mining jobs & mining careers
- HSE jobs in mining advertised on the Jobseeker website
- Mine jobs advertised on SEEK in the Mining and Resources sector
- HSE Mining jobs advertised on the Indeed.com.au mining, oil and gas jobs board
Before Applying For A Mining Job With HSE Mining – Read This Checklist
We’ve done the hard work for you and would like to share our tips with you;
- The biggest tip we can give you is do your research on HSE Mining first! You have to understand how their business works, what they do, where they do it and where their future growth is. You can take this knowledge and add little snippets of it to your job application cover letter. You will be asked questions about why you want to work at HSE Mining, so you better be ready with some good answers.
- Make sure your resume is up-to-date and focused on mining.
- Here are some resume tips to help you be more successful with your HSE Mining job applications.
- Do you want to know how to impress HSE Mining?… read our tips on “how to interview well for a job in the mines“.
- Some of HSE’s mining operations require you to physically fit and ready to start work. If you apply for jobs in coal mining for instance, you need a valid Coal Board Medical.
- Is your mining induction card current?
- Think about what other mining, management, machinery skills training and OHS safety courses you can do to increase your job opportunities.
- How to get into mining with no experience.
- Increase your mining knowledge with iMINCO Project News.
- Learn how to control and maintain a 4 wheel drive vehicle as most HSE Mining operations will be in remote, off-road locations, such as the WA Pilbara, so you need absolutely these skills.
- Make sure your social media profile does not contain anything that may hamper your chances of an interview. Remove any foul language or dodgy pictures of you in compromising poses or situations.
- After applying for a job at HSE Mining, make sure you follow it up with a phone call to ask if they have received your application. This shows you are keen, thorough and action based.
- If you do get an email or a phone call regarding your job application, be prepared to answer questions on the spot – know your stuff and be confident in your abilities.
- If you’ve have not heard back from HSE Mining within a week or so, call them up and enquire about your application assessment, be persistent – but polite at the same time. The application process can take time, be patient, although don’t drop the all and forget about it.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with news for HSE and use this when you are talking to the recruiters or with HSE staff directly. Remember, every mining company and contractor is searching for reliable, committed and hard -working people who can think on their feet and contribute to the growth of the business. If you’re thinking only about yourself and what you can get out of a job with HSE Mining, then you may have to re-think your approach.
HSE Mining Offices:
WESTERN AUSTRALIA (Map)
161 Great Eastern Highway
Belmont WA 6104
Postal Address: PO Box 504, Belmont WA 6984
Phone: (08) 9450 9800; Fax: (08) 9450 9888
1/40 Florence Street, Newstead QLD 4006
Postal Address: PO Box 2190, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Phone: (07) 3216 1601; Fax: (07) 3216 1613
Reference: Mining Jobs HSE Mining
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven itâ€™s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.