This is the best training course to give you the skills to drive a dump truck in the mines.
Learn with the best instructors
Nationally Accredited Course
Get behind the wheel
of the big trucks
Reasons to do this dump truck course.
- Mining jobs are on the rise across Australia (we can show you where to find them and how to apply so your resume gets read by a human).
- Online jobs boards such as SEEK and Indeed are full of dump truck operator jobs.
- This haul truck qualification means you can also drive dump trucks on civil construction sites as well as in a quarry.
- This is a carefully designed, intensive course gives you maximum time behind the wheel.
- Enjoy high-level instruction on safe driving, haul truck inspection, theory and operation.
- Practice on a huge site, complete with challenging terrain and other plant and equipment operating nearby.
- The Nationally Recognised RIIMPO338D – Conduct Haul Truck Operations mean you can work anywhere in Australia.
Put your name down and be next in line when the new course starts.
What you'll learn in this dump truck operator course.
This course is designed to provide new participants with the theoretical and practical skills, and the knowledge required to work in the civil construction industry.
People undertaking this course could learn a range of skills, including infrastructure and building site preparation, environmental and safety requirements, operation of heavy machinery and equipment, installing pipework and drainage systems, and spreading compacting materials.
Importantly, existing workers who have experience in the industry but do not have recognised qualifications can also utilise this course as means of getting their current skills and competencies recognised through a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.z
FREE dump truck operator and maintenance manuals.
When you add your name to our wait list, we’ll send you Caterpillar Dump Truck manuals, as well as additional information over the next few days about all kinds of dump trucks. We’ll include links to the best dump truck videos and jobs so you can get a feel for what these trucks can do on a mine site, what it’s really like to work in the mining environment; and where the job are.
Free education and training
Think of this as your free education and training in the world of dump truck operations. Even if you don’t do the course, this FREE info you’re about to get your hands on will bring you up to speed quickly. You’ll discover the type of tasks dump truck operators do; and see just how you will soon become as skilled as these operators are. Something to look forward to.
- Get the latest Dump Truck course brochure, so when the course starts again, you know what to expect.
- Get 2 Caterpillar operator manuals for the 773 and 773F dump trucks and the essential maintenance manual.
You could be learning on big mine-sized dump trucks like the Caterpillar 773, CAT 769 and Komatsu; just like the ones you’ll be driving when you do onsite.
During this course you’ll discover the truck interior, operating features and functions.
About the course
- You’ll get a feel for operating the dump truck.
- Practice reversing up to an excavator and prepare to be loaded.
- Drive the truck empty as well as fully loaded.
- Become good at carrying out correct dumping techniques.
- Learn advanced emergency braking techniques to show employers you can handle their multi-million dollar trucks.
- Learn industry standard RADIO commands to keep you in contact with other machinery working nearby.
- Be compliant and CONFORM to Mining and Quarrying Act guidelines at all times.
- You be shown HOW to find dump truck jobs after your training is complete.
Completing this dump truck course means you’ll have the confidence to operate large mining trucks safely.
Dump truck qualifications are your stepping stone into a mining career that gives you plenty of options to earn some big money.
Are there plenty of jobs for dump truck operators?
The biggest number of of dump truck operator jobs are found in Western Australia’s iron-ore-rich Pilbara region, Northern and Eastern Queensland and New South Wales Hunter Valley locations.
There has been a surge in mining activity lately and we are seeing a lot of jobs advertised requiring only a few months of driving experience; and if you’re lucky, you might just find an employer who will put you through the training and get you on site faster.
For the most part, you’ll need the qualification RIIMPO338D – Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations. This is a nationally recognised qualification, which means no matter where you live in Australia, employers recognise you have the skills to operate a huge truck.
Are all dump trucks the same?
Live Machine Training Site: West Ballina, NSW Only 1 hr South of the Gold Coast – Travel South for all your training dump truck and other civil/mining plant operatior training.
This course is Nationally Recognised – RIIMPO338D – Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations
Course Fees and Duration
Dump truck courses can be run over 2 – 5 days, depending on your previous experience. Some people can get through the course quicker, however this can be at the instructors discretion.
• SafeWork NSW WHS White Card or interstate equivalent
• Adequate literacy & numeracy skills
• Unique Student Identifier (USI) Number
Full fee: Depending on prior experience. POA.
You can make an enquiry and go on the waiting list.
As iMINCO is not a RTO, we utilise the skills and experience of LawrenceDavis RTO No. 91581
Lawrence Davis Training Group recognises all Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications and statements of attainment issued by any other Registered Training Organisation and will grant credit transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning as appropriate for competencies previously achieved.