About the Standard 11
Queensland has a strict Workplace Health & Safety policy in place called the Standard 11. Made up of 6 units of study as set by the Queensland Mines Inspectorate. This 2 day training course is essential to be allowed on site. If you’ve already done your Standard 11 and are looking to do a refresher – this can also be completed via iMINCO.
Requirements: Must be 18 years of age or over
Validity: 5 years
Other trades and professions working on a mine site providing services or labour must (in most cases) have a current Standard 11. This includes, but is not limited to, process workers, electricians, plumbers, fitters, engineers, architects, cleaning staff, kitchen hands, chefs, office and admin staff, drivers, labourers and managers etc.
What you’ll learn
Standard 11 Mining Induction
Valid for 5 years
(refresher courses are also available)
Brisbane, Ipswich, Townsville locations
Book online – get started ASAP
Contact iMINCO on (07) 5520 2522 to make a booking
- The Mining Induction course is designed by the Department of Natural Resources and Mines, mining employers and follows the Queensland Mines Inspectorate directive. This means what you will learn on this course are the skills and knowledge the mining companies want and NEED you to have.
- Completion of the course will mean you will have advanced knowledge of Work Health & Safety in a mining environment, keeping you and other mine workers safe from potential injury and harm on a mine site.
- This mining induction course (Standard 11) also cover metaliferous. This means you can work on more mine sites and quarries and not just coal mines.
- The training is designed to exceed the safety standards required. We do this to put YOU in the best position to improve your career.
- The team of trainers have real mining experience which means not only are they excellent trainers, they can also help you understand life in the mines.
- The Standard 11 is a 2-day, face-to-face training program,with highly practical classes. New starters as well as currently employed workers can apply this knowledge, be well-prepared to work safely in a mining environment.
- The Standard 11 is a Queensland government initiative. It has been passed as a formal piece of legislation. You can view the full government document on the Standard 11 at the bottom of this page.
Work Place Assessment
You will receive a Statement of Completion certificate after this course along with a photo ID card. You will be given a Work Place Assessment document for the one unit that requires sign off on a mine site. When you return the Work Place Assessment, you will be provided with a Statement of Attainment and photo ID card which is then valid for 5 years.
- This training course has been designed to rapidly increase you mining knowledge.
- Highly practical classes meaning you will be able to apply your mining knowledge and show your employers real skills.
- The benefits of experienced and engaging trainers to make learning easy.
- Your trainers have real mining experience which means they can also help you understand life in the mines.
- Unlike many other mining training courses, it also cover metalliferous. This means you will have a greater selection of mine sites to work on.