2016 update. With the news of coal prices heading skyward and mines reopening, it’s a good time to think about getting a job in the mines. Queensland has a strict WHS policy around personal safety and it is unlike any other State in Australia. As a result of this, all mine workers in Queensland must possess a Standard 11 qualification, which is proof they have completed training to the required standard under government legislation.
The Standard 11 is open to all applicants and is valid for 5 years. Find out more about this training.
Mine workers are classed as any person who has to be on a mine site for the purpose of work. This includes, but is not limited to, process workers, electricians, plumbers, fitters, engineers, architects, cleaning staff, kitchen hands, chefs, office and admin staff, drivers, labourers and managers.
Test your knowledge
and see how you go…take the Standard 11 quiz here.
- The Mining Induction course is designed by the Department of Natural Resources and Mines, mining employers and follows the Queensland Mines Inspectorate directive. This means what you will learn on this course are the skills and knowledge the mining companies want and NEED you to have.
- Completion of the course will mean you will have advanced knowledge of Work Health & Safety in a mining environment, keeping you and other mine workers safe from potential injury and harm on a mine site.
- This mining induction course (Standard 11) also cover metaliferous. This means you can work on more mine sites and quarries and not just coal mines.
- The training is designed to exceed the safety standards required. We do this to put YOU in the best position to improve your career.
- The team of trainers have real mining experience which means not only are they excellent trainers, they can also help you understand life in the mines.
- The Standard 11 is a 2-day, face-to-face training program,with highly practical classes. New starters as well as currently employed people can apply this knowledge, be well-prepared to work safely in a mining environment.
- The Standard 11 is a Queensland government initiative. It has been passed as a formal piece of legislation. You can view the full government document on the Standard 11 at the bottom of this page.
Do Your Standard 11 in Townsville
1 Day Standard 11 Mining Induction courses in Townsville.
Have you got recent mining experience and have the need to complete a Standard 11 Mining Induction urgently?
Fast track your Standard 11 with a one-day course at a reduced rate?
Contact iMINCO on (07) 5520 2522 to make a booking
“1 day courses available for people looking at getting into the industry for the first time. CALL TODAY”
- RIIRIS201D Conduct Local Risk Control
Hazard ID, control and risk assessment and in a mining environment.
- RIIERR302D Respond to Local Emergencies and incidents
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment.
- RIIGOV201D Comply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal well-being, and complete relevant reports and forms.
- RIIWHS201D Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures (Requires sign off )
Working safely and follow WHS policies and procedures, accessing and apply site safety procedures; applying personal safety measures and operational safety measures; maintaining personal well being for job; and identifying and reporting incidents.
- RIIERR205D Apply Initial Response First Aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports.
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the Workplace
Identify, access and use work site communication systems and equipment, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation.
There is a pre-course assessment to allow you to download and complete part of the course in your own time. This ensures that you’re going to finish the course with a high level of mining knowledge by covering additional subject material.
Work Place Assessment
You will receive a Statement of Completion certificate after this course along with a photo ID card. You will be given a Work Place Assessment document for the one unit that requires sign off on a mine site. When you return the Work Place Assessment, we will then provide you with a Statement of Attainment and photo ID card which is then valid for 5 years.
What you get.
- A pre-reading mining safety and information workbook and assessment for you to complete before your course starts
- A course that is designed to rapidly increase you mining knowledge.
- Highly practical classes meaning you will be able to apply your mining knowledge and show your employers real skills.
- The benefits of experienced and engaging trainers to make learning easy.
- The trainers have real mining experience which means not only are they excellent trainers, they can also help you understand life in the mines.
- Unlike many other mining training courses, it also cover metalliferous. This means you will have a greater selection of mine sites to work on.
Still not convinced you need to do this course?
- Test your knowledge and see how you go...take the Standard 11 quiz here.
- Review the Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines Recognised Standard 11 Training in coal mines (Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999) information.
- Complimentary access to Industry Pathways (the Registered Training Organisation who will be running this course) student services website giving you access to highly researched materials that will help you find and apply for mining jobs.
- Hints on how to create a mining focused resume to really help you get your foot in the door with mining companies.
- Mining interview tips to give you the confidence to talk to any mining company or recruiter in a positive and authoritative manner which reflects your ability to instantly get on with other people, which is important in mining environment where teamwork is a part of daily mining life.
- There is a guide to starting a mining career as an apprentice.
- A discount card for 5% off all mining training courses with Industry Pathways, so you can save even more money on additional courses.
- Access to a complete lists of mining companies and that highlights over 600 mines including contact details, what they do and addresses.
- iMINCO Project News. Each week you'll receive emails about where the mining jobs are, from entry-level mining jobs with no experience through to trades, construction, processing and mine-site management.
Coal Mining Companies in Qld
- Anglo American
- Rio Tinto
- Peabody Energy
- Jellinbah Group
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the training and industry experience of Industry Pathways (NPN: 32513), who are a leading provider of mining training. Please read the Industry Pathways refund policy before booking this course.