Semi-Skilled Mobile Plant Operator
The Hail Creek open cut coal mine in the Bowen Basin Region of Central Queensland, that is located 120 kilometres from Mackay, supplies up to eight million tonnes of hard coking coal to steel mills in Asia and Europe each year.
Rio Tinto Coal Australia is a leading mining company in Australia with an established record for developing and managing world standard open cut, as well as underground, coal mines. The Hail Creek Mine is an example of the company providing more than simply providing local employment opportunities and ensuring economic growth for the area as it also works to create positive outcomes for the wider Mackay Region.
About the Role
Reporting to the production superintendent, you will be upskilled operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 793 Haul Trucks, Komatsu 960 Electric Trucks, Terex MT 4400’s and CAT 785 Water Trucks.
As a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s production requirements.
Successful applicants MUST have:
Minimum 7-8 months experience operating in quarry, small mine or civil environments on equipment including the following:
- Moxy – mt41, mt31; CAT 725; Komatsu HM300, HM400
- Belly Dumper – CAT 776; Kress Hauler
- Rigid – CAT 773, CAT 777; Liebherr T282; Hitachi EH3500, EH400
- Current Drivers License
- Standard 11 Induction
- Current Coal Board Medical
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE WITHIN 200KMS OF HAIL CREEK MINE due to Fatigue Management policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 793 Haul Trucks, Komatsu 960E Electric trucks and Terex MT 4400 trucks.
- Work rotating rosters
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Ongoing opportunities with possibility to transition to permanent
- Life Style Roster, rotating days and nights, 12.5 hours shifts
- BIBO (ex Mackay) or DIDO
- PPE Supplied (5 shirts and 2 pants)
- Camp and Meals provided
- Potential Trainer Assessor Allowance
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply with for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
Click on the apply button or for more information please contact:
- Tenille Morgan – Recruitment Coordinator Team Leader
- Mackay Office – 4969 4714