Production Operators – Truck, Shovel, Excavator & Drag-line
Excavator and Dragline Production Operators. Peabody is seeking outstanding individuals with the relevant experience and leadership capability to join the team.
- 7/7 rotating day/night roster
- Grow your mining career with Peabody Energy
- Multiple positions available
About the Company:
Peabody is the world’s largest private-sector coal company and a Fortune 500 company. Peabody serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers in 25 countries on five continents.
Peabody is a globally-diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognise and develop employees. The Company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its Australian operations.
Peabody is actively seeking to grow its talent pool and recruit more women and Indigenous Australians and encourages female and Indigenous Australians to apply.
Why Join Peabody’s Coppabella Team?
Peabody’s Coppabella Moorvale Mine Complex consists of two open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometres southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverised injection coal (LV-PCI) for export markets. An excellent opportunity is available at our Coppabella Mine for experienced Truck, Multi- Skilled.
Roster arrangements for these roles are 7 / 7 day / night rotating roster. The minimum requirements for these positions include:
- A mining competency with a proven track record in safety and production for Electrical and Mechanical Trucks (preferably Komatsu 830E and CAT793/CAT785).
Peabody also seeks candidates with a proven track record in safety and production, a combination of a mining competency in Electrical and Mechanical Trucks and one or more of the following mining competencies:
- Excavator (preferably CAT 6060 and/or Hitachi 5500 or 2500)
- Dozer (preferably CAT D10 and/or D11)
- Dragline (preferably Marion 8200)
- Electric Shovel (preferably P&H).
- Strong commitment to safety as a way of life
- Ability to meet and exceed set targets
- Open cut coal mining or heavy industry experience
- Effective team player.
- We commit to safety and health as a way of life
- A culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration
- Committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- A reward and recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
- Support in achieving professional accreditation (site based personal only)
- Permanent lifestyle roster opportunities available
- We take responsibility to for the environment, benefit our communities and restore the land for generations that follow
- World’s largest private-sector coal company and a fortune 500 company
NOTE: When you apply for this job Production Operators – Mine Complex, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
This job will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply to this job?Click for more details and Apply for the job
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.