See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Multi-Skilled Operator Jobs Coppabella
CAT 777-797, Graders CAT 16/24, Excavators Leibherr 996, Hitachi 3600, CAT 6040 & 6060, Dozers D10/D11
WorkPac are searching to recruit Multi-Skilled Operators for work in the Coppabella area.
- Our client has multiple DIDO/BIBO opportunities for multi-skilled operators on a coal mine site in the Coppabella area.
- On-going opportunity for the right candidate
- 7/7 roster, camp facilities available
- BIBO from Mackay (Bus fare is $51)
- Operating Dozers D10/D11 to push overburden/coal
- Operating Dump Trucks CAT 777-797, Graders CAT 16/24, Excavator Leibherr 996, Hitachi 3600, CAT 6040 & 6060 doing production work on the overburden and pre-strips
The Ideal Person:
- Must be able to operate a Dozer D10/D11 plus two or more of the other plants listed above
- Coal mining experience is ideal however our client would be keen to train up good civil operators that can operate the above machinery
- Must have a recent authorised signed skill list/competency tickets/RII’s
- Must have a current Coal Board Medical or Standard 11 Induction Training (Or must be willing to obtain this)
- Two contactable reference to verify your operating experience
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment medical.
- Be willing to pay for your own bus fare
About the Company:
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
Why work for WorkPac?
Looking after their employees is important to them. Their WorkPlus Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more. WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with them. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, they know their local areas and are always helping their local community.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.