HEQ Fitter Mining Site Maintenance Weipa QLD
- Brand new mine – work with the latest technology and equipment in HEQ fleet management
- Opportunity to develop a career whilst enjoying a coastal life style
- 4, 5, 5 residential lifestyle roster – Weipa
- Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Five weeks annual leave
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Rio Tinto employee share programmed
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more.
About the role
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong work ethic, understands the need to get the heavy equipment operating at maximum capacity and a commitment to safety. Working a 4,5,5 straight shift roster and reporting to the Crew Leader, you will be:
- Fixing mobile ancillary equipment, workshop tooling, fluid delivery systems, and various workshop tasks;
- Working towards increasing equipment reliability as well as availability;
- Working on heavy equipment and supporting maintenance of trucks, 776, 777, 785, 992G, 993K loaders and D11 T dozers;
- Fostering a culture of zero harm and continuous improvement.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A relevant HME Diesel Fitter qualification
- A manual C class drivers license
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- A strong commitment to safety and zero harm culture
- The ability to be flexible within the role and adapt to a changing environment.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Dogger / Rigger / Forklift license & HR License
- Knowledge of SAP
- Post trade experience in a mining or heavy industrial environment preferred
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape. Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.Apply for HEQ Fitter Mining Site Maintenance Fixing mobile ancillary QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.