See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
HEQ Fitter Mining Site Maintenance Weipa QLD
- Brand new mine – work with the latest technology and equipment in HEQ fleet management
- Opportunity to develop a career whilst enjoying a coastal life style
- 4, 5, 5 residential lifestyle roster – Weipa
- Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Five weeks annual leave
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Rio Tinto employee share programmed
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more.
About the role
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong work ethic, understands the need to get the heavy equipment operating at maximum capacity and a commitment to safety. Working a 4,5,5 straight shift roster and reporting to the Crew Leader, you will be:
- Fixing mobile ancillary equipment, workshop tooling, fluid delivery systems, and various workshop tasks;
- Working towards increasing equipment reliability as well as availability;
- Working on heavy equipment and supporting maintenance of trucks, 776, 777, 785, 992G, 993K loaders and D11 T dozers;
- Fostering a culture of zero harm and continuous improvement.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A relevant HME Diesel Fitter qualification
- A manual C class drivers license
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- A strong commitment to safety and zero harm culture
- The ability to be flexible within the role and adapt to a changing environment.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Dogger / Rigger / Forklift license & HR License
- Knowledge of SAP
- Post trade experience in a mining or heavy industrial environment preferred
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape. Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.Apply for HEQ Fitter Mining Site Maintenance Fixing mobile ancillary QLD
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.