Heavy Equipment Service Person
Heavy Mobile Equipment Service person Weipa QLD
- Seek new goals in 2018 and live in a fresh vibrant community whilst working at expanding operation.
- Join latest bauxite development – Amrun and look forward to a different style of working.
- Opportunities are also available across existing operation at Andoom and East Weipa.
- They are building a pioneering workforce to join in the next venture.
Are you ready to be a part of a new pioneering bauxite operations?
Building a bigger workforce at the Weipa operations to support latest bauxite development – Amrun. The new mine is an extension of existing operations, and is located south of the Embley River, between Weipa and Aurukun. With new development, comes new opportunities and looking for people who want to pioneer progress and be part of this exciting development.
Discover more about Amrun, Andoom and the Weipa operations
Proudly supported the continuation of Weipa operations for 50 years and the legacy has helped build a vibrant and thriving coastal community. They have numerous opportunities across the Weipa operations portfolio, including our existing mines at Andoom and East Weipa, and the new mine at Amrun. At Amrun, you can experience a hybrid lifestyle enjoying the new camp and facilities during shift and relaxing with friends and family in Weipa on your days off. You can also look forward to a 4,5,5 straight shift roster and individual lifestyle camp rooms with private en-suite facilities, TV with Foxtel, WiFi, pool, gym, cinema rooms, BBQ areas, tennis courts and much more.
Opportunities at Andoom and East Weipa will allow you to return home after every shift. You will enjoy the 4,5,5 hybrid roster which combines straight shifts with rotations so that you get the best of both worlds in a residential environment.
With first shipment at Amrun scheduled for early 2019, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of something different where you can look forward to a new style of working, new challenges, in a new environment.
About the role
Looking for Heavy Equipment Service persons to operate an HR service truck and carry out daily servicing on the site’s mining fleet which includes Caterpillar Loaders, Dozers, Trucks and Graders.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Fixing mobile ancillary equipment, workshop tooling, fluid delivery systems, and various workshop tasks.
- Working towards increasing equipment reliability as well as availability.
- Servicing heavy equipment and supporting maintenance of trucks, 776, 777, 785, 992G, 993K loaders and D11 T dozers.
- Fostering a culture of zero harm and continuous improvement.
To be considered, you will have:
- HR license
- Knowledge of mobile heavy equipment
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- A strong commitment to safety and zero harm culture
- The ability to be flexible within the role and adapt to a changing environment
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Trade background
- Dogger/ Rigger / Forklift license
- Knowledge of SAP
- Post trade experience in a mining or heavy industrial environment preferred
As pioneers in mining and metals, they also produce materials essential to human progress.
Long history is filled with firsts. They’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and the people work in around 35 countries across six continents. They led the industry in partnerships, with customers in new markets, and with local communities.
They’ve pioneered technological innovations, such as Mine of the Future™ programmed and low-CO2 aluminum from hydro-power. And paved the way in areas such as safety, tax transparency and legacy management.
Inclusion & Diversity
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, the people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in launching your career, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Apply for Heavy Mobile Equipment Service person Weipa QLD
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.