FIFO Brisbane Dump Truck Operator
The client is Australia’s largest coal miner and exporter, the world’s largest supplier to the sea borne coking coal market and largest coal producer and supplier of metallurgical coal. The client has several mine sites across the Bowen Basin consisting primarily of open cut mines. The client is committed to building a diverse workforce, appreciating all the different aspects of individual uniqueness, including thought and perspective, experience, age, disability, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender.
The safety of their people and the communities in which they operate always comes first. The client provides opportunities for interaction to improve their safety performance and believe having the right controls in place to effectively manage their risks that have safety impacts will lead to improved safety outcomes.
About the Role
Reporting to the production superintendent, you will operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 785, 789 and 793 Haul Trucks. As a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s production requirements. This is fly in, fly out from Brisbane airport only.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 785, 789 and 793 Haul Trucks
- Work rotating 7/7 rosters at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- 2 years’ experience operating Mechanical Dump Trucks: CAT 785 with evidence
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process.
- Camp and meals provided
- 7/7 Roster, rotating days and nights
- Flights from Brisbane airport provided
Click on the apply button for more information about FIFO Brisbane Dump Truck OperatorClick Apply for FIFO Brisbane Dump Truck Operator Position
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.