Corestaff is a national recruitment company, together with major mining client; they are looking to recruit experienced coal mining plant operators. The client is an equal opportunity employer and along with Corestaff encourages a diverse range of applicants.
- Ongoing Positions
- Various Rosters & Sites
- Retention Bonus for Labour Hire personnel
- Operate CAT CAT 797 ...Learn about CAT 797's
The 797 is one of the biggest dump trucks on a mine site with a ladder stairway leads the operator straight into the cockpit, essentially, you are working at heights when beginning your pre-start checklist.
These machines really are the work horse of the mining sector, hauling load after load, day in day out – often working round the clock in shifts to get the most out of every day. These monster mining trucks are ultra class, with a tough two-axle design and powerful tourque engine which is perfect for the different types of mine sites in Australia.
These machines are expensive to build and operate, so mining companies are always on the lookout for good operators who understand the need to treat these vehicles with the respect they deserve. Coming in at around 7 million each, with tyres costing anywhere from $45,000 per piece, these machine need to be taken care of.
The 797F, can transport about 400 tons making it one of the largest haul truck payload capacities in the world.
With a top speed of 67.6 km/h, given the size and weight of the 797, it can really move; and it has the grunt and power to tackle most inclines and difficult driving conditions. In some of the highest mines in the world, the CAT 797 has been flow up to the mine in pieces and assembled on site., CAT 793 ...Learn about CAT 793's
, 789 Trucks and 830 & 930 Komatsu Trucks
- Water Carts CAT Caterpillar 785 ...Learn about CAT 785's
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, or off-road truck as they are sometimes called are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This truck has proven it’s worth for years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger Caterpillar dump trucks, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can have is to get to know the these trucks inside out. To get started, download the Caterpillar 785 manual here.& 777.
- Large Excavator & Drill Operations would be advantageous
- Operate CAT D11/D10 Dozers
- Grader experience on CAT16 & 24.
- Ability to work days & nights
- Camp accommodation provided.
Skills / Requirements
- Hold RII's [...Learn about RII's]’s for all valid equipment
- Minimum 2 years coal mining experience
- Have a current CBM & S11
- Commitment to safety
- Be a team player
- Hold a current drivers license
How to apply
- Current resume with 2 work references
- Color copy of your license and tickets (front & back)
- Copies of your current site inductions
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*
- Coal Board Medical ...*Coal Board Medical*
Submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below