Mining Operator Jobs Bowen Basin
WorkPac are looking to hire Coal Mine Operators for mines out in Bowen Basin.Apply Here for Mining Operator Jobs Bowen Basin
About the Position:
WorkPac currently have opportunities for experienced Multi Skilled Operators for an Immediate Start within the Bowen Basin, near Dysart.
These positions will be full time, permanent opportunities direct with our client on a 7/7 roster.
BIBO from Mackay or Rockhampton and Yeppoon or DIDO commute options available.
Duties and Responsibilities will Include:
- Operate a combination of Haul Trucks, Graders, Dozers and Excavators in a coal mining environment
- Work 7/7 roster at a mine site in the Bowen Basin, near Dysart
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Proven Haul Truck experience, specifically in CAT 785, 793’s, Komatsu 960 or Terex 4400’s
- Proven Grader experience, specifically in CAT 16, 24 series
- Proven Dozer Experience, specifically in CAT CAT D10, D11
- Proven Experience Operating 3600, 5500 Hitachi Excavators or Similar
- Current Drivers Licence
- RII's [...Learn about RII's]’s, or proven experience with SSE signed skills list – Mandatory within 5 years
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Statement of Attainment, or willing to obtain
Why work for WorkPac :
Looking after our employees is important to us. Our WorkPlus Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more.
We have a team of dedicated recruiters, most of which have in field knowledge of the industry, who make continuous contact to ensure you are happy with not only WorkPac’s service but our clients. We are committed to ensuring you are happy and safe, you are our most valuable asset!
WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with us. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, we know our local areas and are always helping our local community.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen. The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction