See more jobs in the CAT Dump Truck Jobs category.
CAT Dump Truck Jobs Moranbah
WorkPac are searching for Dump Truck Operators to start mining work at a coal site in Moranbah. If you have experience operating a CAT 793/797 Trucks, D10/D11 Dozers, Excavators, Graders and Loaders, be sure to send over a resume!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate a combination of Haul Trucks and other equipment in a mining environment
- Work rotating lifestyle roster at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
- Pre-Start Checks
- Maintain Equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
Skills & Experience for CAT Dump Truck Jobs Moranbah:
- Proven Haul Truck Experience/RIIs
- CAT 793/797 Trucks
- D10/D11 Dozers
- 300 tonne Excavator Experience
- Grader and Loader Experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Coal Board Medical (or willing to obtain)
- Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process
Culture & Benefits:
- Camp and meals provided
- 6/6 Roster, rotating days and nights
- Ongoing opportunities
- 6 monthly bonuses
- Potential for permanent position with WorkPac after 12 months
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.