Mining jobs in WA have been on the radar for enthusiastic Australian workers who seek the high salaries and opportunistic lifestyle of a FIFO miner.
WA jobs in mining and exploration are in the news again as Volta Mining raises $2.5 million for Pilbara iron ore exploration.
Volta Mining intends to carry out exploration at Newman DSO Iron Ore Project in the Western Australian Pilbara region after the acceptance by 100 per cent of Pilbara Commodities shareholders.
The success of the capital raising means the acquisition of Pilbara Commodities was met, which holds the Newman Direct Shipping Ore project.
Volta Mining, a Perth based mining company, holds a 100 per cent interest in a staggering 19 exploration licences in the Pilbara including the highly prospective DSO Newman Iron Ore Project. Volta Mining Limited (ASX: VTM) is a proactive iron ore company with a focus on on the acquisition, exploration and development of iron ore assets in the WA Pilbara region and Gabon.
The Sirius Extension Prospect within the Newman project is adjacent to Brockman Mining’s Sirius Deposit where there is reported to be an iron ore resource of some 109 million tonnes at 60.0% iron.
Mining activity in the region is hot, with some of the largest and prominent Australian mining companies vying for mining dominance in the location. The DSO Newman Iron Ore Project sits along side licences held by Fortescue Metals Group, Hancock Prospecting, BHP Billiton (Mount Whaleback), Hope Downs and Brockman Mining.
This is one region in the Pilbara to watch out for in the future as the expectancy rises that record volumes of iron ore will be mined in the coming years.
What this means for WA mining companies and employment opportunities
WA mining companies seem to be going from strength to strength as the trying times of 2013 fade into distant memory. Falling iron ore prices, cutbacks in mining investment and reductions in the workforce culled any excitement for a rewarding career as a WA mine worker.
However, for people looking for WA jobs in mining, especially those who feel a FIFO lifestyle is something they can handle – there is still opportunities to get into the mining industry and make a go of it.
The DSO Newman Iron Ore Project is another example of how mining companies in WA are being proactive and positioning themselves to take advantage of the natural resources Australia has to offer, by investing significantly exploring and discovering new iron ore deposits.
How to prepare for mining jobs in WA at the Newman Iron Ore Project with Volta Mining.
- Read the Volta annual report on the ASX. This is a perfect place to start for people looking for WA mining jobs.
- Follow Volta Mining on the Australian Stock Exchange as this is a good source of free information on their mining activities.
- Research the mining company and learn as much as you can about their mining operations in Australia and the gold mining activity in Africa.
- Sign up for WA job alerts on the Volta Mining website. This is the perfect way to keep up to date with mining news and discover where the job opportunities are.
If you are one of the many thousands of people considering whether working the iron ore mining industry is for you, read the following articles and discover why mining jobs in WA could provide you with a rewarding career and secure future.
- Mining Jobs WA ““ How To Increase Your Hiring Potential
- Iron Ore Demand Increases ““ Pilbara Mining Jobs
- Tony Abbott Plans For New Mining Boom
- 500 Entry Level Mining Jobs On Offer
- Leighton $2.8 billion Pilbara mining deal
- Fortescue Metals ““ Pilbara mining jobs video
- WA Mining Jobs
- Read the iMINCO Mining Jobs Guide
- Get mining jobs sent to you weekly
- Find out what kind of entry level mining jobs you can do?
- Discover a list of mining jobs boards