If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Vacancies – CSA Mine
Downer are currently seeking applications from highly experienced people who demonstrate safety leadership, have a commitment to continuous improvement of self and others and are team focused and results driven so as to deliver high quality results.
Positions are now being recruited, for new, long term contract and ramp up in work scope at the CSA mine in Cobar, Central New South Wales. Proposed roster is an even time 7/7 day/night shift and will include FIFO from Brisbane or DIDO options and camp accommodation.
Seeking people for the following roles:
- Shift Supervisors
- Jumbo Operators
- Bogger / Relief Jumbo Operators
- Cable bolters
- Charge up – Must hold NSW BUEL
- Shotcrete sprayers
- Agitator Operators
- Underground service crew
- Underground truck drivers
- Experienced Nippers
Candidates must have:
- Proven underground hard rock experience
- Current manual drivers license, police check and first aid certificate are required
- Experience on Sandvik, Cat and Normet mobile equipment
- Be production oriented with a focus on achieving results without compromising safe work or quality standards
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- Must possess an overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement
In Return they offer:
- Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee
- Attractive & competitive remuneration
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business within the Downer group
Please note, Downer do not accept resumes via email. Please submit your application online by following the links. They thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Mining Jobs Jumbo Operators Gold Coast QLD
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.