Is the Roy Hill iron ore project in the Pilbara a good place to look for mining jobs? We think so!
Once again ‘super’ mining contractor Downer EDI has won a 4 and a half year contract to supply mining services at the Roy Hill iron ore mine site.
According to the official ASX press release, Downer will provide pre-strip and supplementary works, whilst the bulk of the mining work will be undertaken by Roy Hill on an owner-operator basis.
Downer EDI will also provide drill and blast as well as load and haul of overburden and ore. With the drill and blast operation and load and haul extraction methods, it’s expected there will be a variety of mining jobs for heavy machinery operators as well a diesel maintenance and trouble shooting personnel.
Estimates are already hinting at a haul truck fleet somewhere in the region of 18 as well as two excavators.
Downer had indicated $40 million will be spent on new equipment with $70 million provided from existing equipment.
In terms of mining jobs being created on the Roy Hill project, it could be as many as 200 – which is great news for people looking for WA FIFO jobs in the mines.
The total value of the Downer EID Roy Hill mining contract to provide mining services to the much publicised WA iron ore mine is valued at $500 million.
It’s expected the initial infrastructure & construction phase will begin at the start or 2014. Full scale mining operations are looking more likely to start in the second half of 2014.
More links to the Roy Hill iron ore mining project in the Western Australian Pilbara region
- 1300 WA Mining Jobs with $1.47B Roy Hill JV
- WA Mining Jobs at Roy Hill
- Roy Hill Jobs in Mining
- Roy Hill Mining Jobs Kick Off
- Pilbara mining projects ““ Roy Hill mining job opportunities
- Roy Hill mine jobs to be secured
- $7bn Roy Hill iron ore project needs 10,000 workers
Links to WA Mining Jobs
- Iron Ore Demand Increases ““ WA Mining Jobs
- Rio Tinto WA mining jobs ““ tips on how to get into mining
- Pilbara mining jobs ““ Fortescue
- Mining Jobs WA ““ How To Increase Your Hiring Potential
- WA Jobs Boom
Links to Downer EDI mining news
- WA jobs ““ Downer wins $400m Wheatstone project
- Downer EDi secures mining contract
- Downer EDI Jobs
- Haul truck contractor DOWNER EDI wins new mining jobs
Reference: Roy Hill Mining Contract – DownerEDI Gets $500M | WA Jobs for 200 people