Morris Corporation is Australia’s largest privately owned facilities management specialist; with over 45 years’ experience delivering industrial hospitality services to the remote mining, resources and construction sectors.
At Morris, we know it is our people that make us successful and we strive to provide a supportive and enriching environment where our employees can succeed and feel genuinely valued.
We currently have multiple exciting opportunities for Office Cleaners to join our QLD team and work across multiple sites in the Roma and Chinchilla.
The position of Office Cleaner will see you responsible for the following ““
- General housekeeping and cleaning of rooms, offices, buildings, equipment and common/public areas onsite.
- Ensure that mine site offices and all surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy
Are you the right person for this position? We are looking for”¦
- Previous experience working in one or more of the following areas – cleaning, mine site cleaning, laundry, housekeeping or office cleaning preferably within a similar remote or site based environment.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a commitment to consistently deliver a high standard of customer service to all Morris clients and customers.
- A strong commitment to safety and safe working practices at all times
What’s on offer?
- Drive in Drive Out – will only suit local residents of Roma and Chinchilla
- A supportive and engaging team environment
- Monday to Friday role
All Candidates must have Australian or New Zealand Residency and will be subject to a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment including drug and alcohol test.
A national police clearance with a validity of 3 months may be required.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.