Mine Geologist Port Hedland WA
Mine Geologist Pilbara Mine FIFO Roster Perth WA
Pilbara Minerals is an emerging strategic metals producer developing the 100% owned Pilgangoora – Lithium Project 120 Km south of Port Hedland in WA’s Pilbara. They are currently executing Stage 1 (2Mtpa) of the project and on track for first production in Q2 2018. In addition they are progressing the Feasibility Studies for the Stage 2 (5Mtpa) Pilgangoora Expansion Project.
The Mine Geologist will provide accurate and timely predictive geological, geochemical and physical data in the aim of producing conforming product stockpile builds to a defined chemical and physical specification and in accordance to the stockpile build plan. In addition, you will assist in the development of documentation and processes during this start-up phase. This is a permanent full-time position which operates on a FIFO 9/5 roster from Perth.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be willing to take a proactive approach to safety, always following the Life Saving Rules and assisting others in knowing and following the Life Saving Rules
- Assist Senior Mine Geologist in the design, implementation and supervision of RC grade control drilling programs
- Develop ore and waste mark-outs utilizing Surpac modelling software
- Ensure all plans, instructions and reports are provided to stakeholders within agreed lead times
- Ensure material is delivered on grade
- Support Senior Mine Geologist in meeting company objectives
About the Candidates
- BSc degree or MSc in Geological/Geo sciences
- Minimum 2- 3 years experience in open pit hard rock mining in a similar position
- Proficient use of Surpac and modelling software
- Experienced in stockpile management
- Experienced in RC grade control design and supervision
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Previous experience in pegmatite-hosted deposits highly regarded
- Previous experience with a production management system highly regarded
- Basic database and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Current WA C-class manual drivers license
What they can offer
- The opportunity to work for an emerging junior miner and play a role in the development of the mine
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Commitment to ongoing development
- Be part of a values based organization with a strong organizational culture
Short listing for this role will commence immediately. They respectfully request agencies not to forward unsolicited resumes unless requested.
Pilbara Minerals is an equal opportunity employer, supporting diversity in our work place. They encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
Interested to learn more about Pilbara Minerals or registering for future opportunities visit their website www.pilbaraminerals.com.au
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
Click Apply for Mine Geologist Pilbara Mine FIFO Roster Perth WA