See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Haul Truck Operator 7/7 Rosters Bowen Basin
Haul Truck Operator 7/7 Rosters Mine site Bowen Basin QLD
- 7/7 rotating rosters
- Meals and camp accommodation provided
- Immediate Start
- Potential for Permanent Positions
About the Client
Client’s expertise spans most of the world’s commodities including metallurgical and thermal coal, iron ore, copper, nickel, gold, diamonds and oil sands. They offer the widest range of in-house surface mining capabilities and critical underground mining services. From fully resourced, end-to-end solutions, to targeted services, to supporting clients’ in-house teams, there focus is on flexibility.
Reporting to the production superintendent, you will operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of a minimum of CAT 793 Haul Trucks. As a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s production requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 793 Trucks
- Work rotating 7/7 rosters at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- 2 years’ experience operating Mechanical Dump Trucks: min CAT 793
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures
- Camp and meals provided
- 7/7 Roster, rotating days and nights
- An Immediate Start
- Ongoing opportunities with possibility to transition to permanent
- 12.5 hour Day Shifts and 10.5 Hour Night Shifts
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Would you like to apply for this job?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Haul Truck Operator 7/7 Rosters Mine site Bowen Basin QLD
Click on the apply button or for more information please contact:
- Sophie Wood – Recruitment Coordinator
- Mackay Office – 4969 4720
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.