Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Gladstone Mining Supervisor Jobs
About the Job:
Due to increased operational demand they are seeking experienced Mining Supervisors to join their team based at Gregory mine. Reporting to the Superintendent/ Senior Supervisor, Mining Supervisors work closely with the OCE to lead and manage the daily operations of production and support team’s onsite.
The position is a frontline leadership opportunity to mentor operational personnel, drive the business to achieve targets and ensure safe mining practises are utilised for the efficient production of coal.
The successful candidate will be a team player who prioritises safety always. Understands their role and how they impact upon the achievement of team objectives. Is able to prioritise tasks and work without supervision if required. Maintains compliance with site policies and procedures at all times.
The above will be achieved and supported by:
- Demonstrated experience in operation of Mining equipment and frontline leadership
- Supervisors Qualifications (S1, S2, S3 & G2)
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- RII Statements of Attainment on relevant equipment
- Site authorised Training Transcripts
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current Drivers Licence
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
Benefits on Offer:
- Excellent employment conditions for the right candidate.
- 4/5/5/4 Family friendly roster, ideally suited for locally based candidates.
- Residential Position – No Camp provided.
- Salary Packaging options available – Remote Area Benefits.
- Company supplied transport to and from site.
- Training and development opportunities
About the Company:
Sojitz is a mid-tier mining organisation in a significant growth phase. As a result, it offers unique opportunities for quality people. As part of a nimble and dynamic team, the opportunity is yours to develop and strengthen your technical and operational skills to meet business requirements and maximise your abilities.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.