If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Coordinator Jobs Mackay
- Competitive salary, Annual Bonus
- Moranbah residential accommodation, DIDO or Salary Sacrifice FIFO
- Vehicle allowance + 12% super + Health Insurance
- 9 day fortnight + 5 weeks annual leave
- Being part of a company that is a ‘people business that mines coal’
About Mining Coordinator Jobs Mackay:
Reporting to the Development Superintendent you will be responsible for supporting the safe and efficient production of coal by planning mining work, troubleshooting equipment breakdowns, managing electrical availability, ensuring that production targets are not adversely affected by poor electrical maintenance.
Other accountabilities include:
- Ensuring that all mining and maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with the site procedures and coal mining legislation.
- Prepare plans of shift work from the various sources required to ensure compliance first, availability and production.
- Work in partnership with the mine and maintenance planners to develop long and medium-term strategies.
- Review shift reports and ensure actions have been raised or logged to repair, fix or replace.
- Ensure that all mining and maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with relevant coal mining legislation and requirements.
- Preparation of a daily work plan form the detail of the approved weekly schedule, ensuring that equipment is made available, each task is adequately resourced and schedule attainment is achieved.
- Coach the development teams of detailed and high-quality work scopes and ensure the completed job scopes are forwarded to the Planning department.
- Allocate, monitor and control the daily activities of production and maintenance.
- Conduct underground audits and inspections to ensure that all mining and maintenance work is being carried out to a compliance and mine standard.
- Maintaining and updating training requirements for all personnel within your direct report.
Skills and Experience:
- Mining or Mechanical Engineering degree (desirable) or Trades and Experienced Operators with S1, S2, S3 and G2 Certifications searching to move in a senior role are encouraged to apply
- 5yrs + Experience in Coal mining
- A working knowledge of Australian Standards and Mines Regulations in an underground coal mine
You will also have the following:
To be successful on this position, you will have the following essential qualities:
- The ability to plan, execute and deliver quality work whilst leading your team
- Build relationships and communicate at a high level within your internal and external stakeholders
- Organising the work flow to overcome problems and demonstrate your knowledge in you field
- Adapt to competing priorities that require excellent interpersonal skills to resolve
- Act with integrity and makes ‘good for Fitzroy’ decisions at all times
About the Company:
Fitzroy Australia Resources is a new force in the Queensland metallurgical coal mining industry with a portfolio of existing operations and a pipeline of growth projects. In their short history they have reinvigorated operations at Carborough Downs, breathed new life into Broad-lea and their next successful venture will be the Greenfields underground Ironbark.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.