Production Operators – Open Cut Mining
Major mining contractor, is searching for experienced Production Operators for their Coal Operations on a mine site near Blackwater, inland from Rockhampton.
- Competitive Conditions
- Camp and Meals provided OR Accommodation Allowance
- Opportunity for Permanent Positions
- Bus in and Out from Rockhampton
- Lifestyle roster (5/4, 4/5, 5/5, day and night shift rotation – NO PYJAMA DAY)
- Residential role – must be able to provide own accommodation in the Blackwater area on rostered days on.
- Camp and Meals provided OR $200/week Accommodation Allowance
- 12 hour shifts
- Bus in and out from Rockhampton
- Multiple vacancies available NOW!!
- Temp to Perm Opportunities available
- Prior experience as a Production Operator in a Mining environment
- Electric OR Mechanical Dump Truck [ > Dump Truck Training] experience – CAT 789, CAT 793 [...Learn about CAT 793's]
, 795, CAT 797 [...Learn about CAT 797's]
The 797 is one of the biggest dump trucks on a mine site with a ladder stairway leads the operator straight into the cockpit, essentially, you are Working at Heights [Working at Heights] when beginning your pre-start checklist.
These machines really are the work horse of the mining sector, hauling load after load, day in day out – often working round the clock in shifts to get the most out of every day. These monster mining trucks are ultra class, with a tough two-axle design and powerful tourque engine which is perfect for the different types of mine sites in Australia.
These machines are expensive to build and operate, so mining companies are always on the lookout for good operators who understand the need to treat these vehicles with the respect they deserve. Coming in at around 7 million each, with tyres costing anywhere from $45,000 per piece, these machine need to be taken care of.
The 797F, can transport about 400 tons making it one of the largest haul truck payload capacities in the world.
With a top speed of 67.6 km/h, given the size and weight of the 797, it can really move; and it has the grunt and power to tackle most inclines and difficult driving conditions. In some of the highest mines in the world, the CAT 797 has been flow up to the mine in pieces and assembled on site., Komatsu 930e
- Rope Shovel, Excavator, Dozer and Grader skills highly regarded
- RII's [...Learn about RII's] Competencies or relevant Mining Site Authorizations for mobile plant
- Must be safety and production orientated
- Be proactive and able to work well under pressure
- Drivers License and reliable transport
- Coal Board Medical [...*Coal Board Medical*]
- BMA Induction or be willing to upgrade from Standard 11 [*Standard 11 Training*] – MANDATORY
- These vacancies will require drug and alcohol testing and pre-employments.
Please note: Only those meeting requirements will be considered for these roles, these are not entry level positions.
-If you meet the above requirements please Apply Online by following the links.
To apply for this position, click the “apply button“and attach an up to date resume.
Click for more details and Apply for Production Operators – Open Cut Mining Job
604 mining jobs in the system
The links below are related, you may find them helpful in your mining research on : 'Haul Truck Operator Jellinbah Mine Central Queensland'.