See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Haul Truck Operator – Jellinbah Mine
Experienced Haul Truck Operator Jellinbah Mine QLD
Stellar Recruitment provide specialized recruitment services across a range of sectors including construction and engineering recruitment; mining recruitment; energy, oil and gas recruitment; property and architecture recruitment; agriculture and primary industry recruitment; industrial recruitment; supply chain, logistics and procurement recruitment; technology recruitment; and corporate services. Stellar currently operates in Australia and New Zealand. Stellar’s global team of recruitment specialists are passionate about the fields they work in so candidates and clients can be sure they are dealing with an industry expert who understands their needs.
- Experienced Haul Truck Operators
- Culture focused mining organization
- Immediate start
- 4 day roster (Mon-Thurs)
Jellinbah Mine has a current requirement for experienced Haul TruckOperators. Jellinbah Mine is located near the townships of Blackwater and Bluff in Central Queensland. Candidates based locally will be highly regarded.
To perform in this position you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong emphasis on safe work practices
- Ability to work in a highly productive environment
- Effective communication skills
- Experience operating electric and mechanical drive dump trucks
Successful candidates will hold:
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- Coal Board medical (or the ability to obtain one)
- RIIMPO338D – Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations
- RIIVEH201D – Operate Light Vehicle
Would you like to apply for this job?
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY link below.
Apply for Experienced Haul Truck Operator Jellinbah Mine QLD
Alternatively, for a confidential appraisal of the current market please contact or email your resume quoting reference number DK29811
- Consultant: Denise Kaitu
- Phone: 1300STELLAR
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.