If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Dump Truck Jobs category.
QLD Dump Truck Jobs CAT/Komatsu
CAT 793 or Komatsu 730E Dump Truck Required
WorkPac are seeking skilled and experienced individuals to join their production team in ongoing opportunities. If you’re handy on mobile plant equipment including CAT 793 or Komatsu 730E Dump Truck, be sure to get over a resume!
About the Role:
Reporting to the production superintendent, you will operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 793 Dump Trucks. As a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s production requirements working a Lifestyle roster (4/5, 5/4, 5/5) including PJ day.
This is a drive in drive out (DIDO) role for an open cut coal mine in the Banana Shire situated 2 hours South West from Rockhampton and 7 hours North West from Brisbane.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 797 and Komatsu 730E Dump Truck
- Work Lifestyle roster (4/5, 5/4, 5/5) including PJ Day
- 12.75 Hour Shifts
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
Skills/Experience for QLD Dump Truck Jobs CAT/Komatsu:
- Min 12 months mine site experience operating minimum; CAT 793 or Komatsu 730E Dump Truck
- Site SSE/Delegate signed skills list or Unsigned with supporting RII
- Experience operating under the P&H Electric Rope Shovel on the CAT Trucks is desired
- Dumps & Tip Heads experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- Standard 11 Induction Training (or willing to obtain)
- Current Coal Board Medical (or willing to obtain)
- Right to Work in Australia
- Camp and Meals Provided
- Lifestyle roster (4/5, 5/4, 5/5) including PJ Day
- Competitive Hourly Rate + Super on All Hours
- Ongoing role for an Immediate Start
- DIDO role from Camp to Site
- Rental Subsidy being paid weekly for Moura residents renting
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Register or apply with us for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.