As the�largest�gold producer listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) and one of the world’s leading gold mining companies, Newcrest Mining�have set high near, medium and long-term performance targets to�ensure this continued success.
Future looks bright for Gold�Mining
With Newcrest reporting a $210 million increase on their underlying profit from the previous period predominately due to an increase in copper and gold mining sales volumes,�the future�is certainly looking bright for mining in Australia.
A profit this large could be due to the following:
- There was a 15% rise in gold prices, which mean gold revenue was 16 per cent higher than the previous period, reaching $1552 million
- Cadia was able to increase gold production by 31 per cent, which helped increase the sales volume
- The copper sales volume at the Cadia and Telfer operations�saw the companies copper revenue ruse by 22%
Current Operational Mines
- Cadia Valley Operations (near Orange, New South Wales)
- Telfer (Pilbara Region, Western Australia)
- Gosowong (Halmahera Island, Indonesia)
- Lihir (New Ireland Province, PNG)
- Bonikro (Côte d`Ivoire, West Africa)
How to get a job with Newcrest Mining
Working with Newcrest will give you a rare opportunity to grow and challenge your skills with Australia’s largest gold producer. Newcrest is constantly recruiting via their careers platform across all of their mining operations and head offices.�You can either apply for a job straight away or submit your profile online.
If you`re looking for�gold mining jobs “� here is a great place to start
Remember training and qualifications can take you so far, if you wish to learn more about how you can give yourself a winning edge and land a gold�mining job we suggest you firstly learn how to market yourself well on paper “� it truly makes you stand out from the crowd.
For more information on how to land a mining job, or to find out what qualifications are needed, call a mining consultant on [email protected].