The Standard 11 certification is important and necessary when seeking work in the mining industry. Adding this qualification to your resume is a good move and an increased benefit to you. It will show mining recruitment officers and mining employers that you are able to safely enter a mine site and work alongside their existing workforce.
The Standard 11 course, held in Sydney City and is conducted by experienced and competent mine-ready trainers. Their results have been documented by previous students by way of testimonials which you can read when you go to the Standard 11 link below.
The 3-day Standard 11 course starts at 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Arriving 5 mins early every day will assist everyone to make a start on time.
Standard 11 Sydney““ Surface Operation Course Subjects:
- RIIRIS201B Conduct Local Risk Control
Hazard ID, control and risk assessment and in a mining environment
- RIIERR302A Respond to Local Emergencies
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment
- RIIGOV201A Comply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal well-being, and complete relevant reports and forms
- RIIOHS201A Work Safety and Follow OHS Policies and Procedures
- RIIERR205A Apply Initial Response First Aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports
- RIICOM201A Communicate in the Workplace
Identify, access and use work site communication systems and equipment, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation
- Complimentary access to Industry Pathways student services website giving you access to highly researched materials that will help you find and apply for mining jobs
- Hints on how to create a mining focused resume to really help you get your foot in the door with mining companies.
- Mining interview tips to give you the confidence to talk to any mining company or recruiter in a positive and authoritative manner which reflects your ability to instantly get on with other people, which is important in mining environment where teamwork is a part of daily mining life.
- Discount card for 5% off all mining training courses with Industry Pathways.
- Discount card for 10% off all mining resume services with Industry Pathways.
- Access to complete lists of mining companies and an interactive map that highlights over 600 mines including contact details, what they do and addresses.
- Mining job notifications. Each week you`ll receive emails about where the mining jobs are, from entry-level mining jobs with no experience through to trades, construction, processing and mine-site management.
The “Mine-Ready Kit”ť is literally worth hundreds of dollars and will save you a considerable amount of time when you`re looking for ideas and tips on how to get that dream job in the mines ““ and is available FREE to all students who complete the Standard 11 course in Sydney.
Standard 11 Sydney Dec 28