The Standard 11 certification is important and necessary when seeking work in the mining industry. Adding this qualification to your resume is a good move and an increased benefit to you. It will show mining recruitment officers and mining employers that you are able to safely enter a mine site and work alongside their existing workforce.
The Standard 11 course, held in Sydney City and is conducted by experienced and competent mine-ready trainers. Their results have been documented by previous students by way of testimonials which you can read when you go to the Standard 11 link below.
The 3-day Standard 11 course starts at 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Arriving 5 mins early every day will assist everyone to make a start on time.
Standard 11 Sydney“ Surface Operation Course Subjects:
- RIIRIS201B Conduct Local Risk Control
Hazard ID, control and risk assessment and in a mining environment
- RIIERR302A Respond to Local Emergencies
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment
- RIIGOV201A Comply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal well-being, and complete relevant reports and forms
- RIIOHS201A Work Safety and Follow OHS Policies and Procedures
- RIIERR205A Apply Initial Response First Aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports
- RIICOM201A Communicate in the Workplace
Identify, access and use work site communication systems and equipment, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation
- Complimentary access to Industry Pathways student services website giving you access to highly researched materials that will help you find and apply for mining jobs
- Hints on how to create a mining focused resume to really help you get your foot in the door with mining companies.
- Mining interview tips to give you the confidence to talk to any mining company or recruiter in a positive and authoritative manner which reflects your ability to instantly get on with other people, which is important in mining environment where teamwork is a part of daily mining life.
- Discount card for 5% off all mining training courses with Industry Pathways.
- Discount card for 10% off all mining resume services with Industry Pathways.
- Access to complete lists of mining companies and an interactive map that highlights over 600 mines including contact details, what they do and addresses.
- Mining job notifications. Each week you`ll receive emails about where the mining jobs are, from entry-level mining jobs with no experience through to trades, construction, processing and mine-site management.
The “Mine-Ready Kit” is literally worth hundreds of dollars and will save you a considerable amount of time when you`re looking for ideas and tips on how to get that dream job in the mines “ and is available FREE to all students who complete the Standard 11 course in Sydney.
Standard 11 Sydney Dec 28