Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Production Mining – Goldroom and EW South Australia
At BHP they support people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. There strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where employees feel strongly connected to their values and objectives, and where the capability of there people is key to success. Come and be a part of this success.Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster, with residential or DIDO options available.
About the role
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team.
- Planning and scheduling daily shift activities
- Be responsible for inspecting and approving work
- Supervise and allocate resources for the execution of Production function improvement initiatives.
- Managing team training requirements as well as managing overtime and leave requests
- Meet compliance KPI’s and have a solid understanding of the legislation in the SA Mining Act.
- Working with all different departments to help the day to day operations go as smoothly as possible
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Must be able to manage relationships well across all different levels of the business
- Need to be quick to think and have strong problem solving skills, as well as solid computer skills
- Previous mine experience preferred, particularly within a Refinery or Goldroom
- Experience working in an operational production or maintenance role within heavy industry
- A chemical background or knowledge would be beneficial
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, they recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
They know there are many aspects of employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Production Supervisor Goldroom Olympic Dam 7/7 roster SA