See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Production Operators Leading Hand Supervisory Experience
Currently seeking Experience Production Operators with 3-5 years Leading Hand or Supervisory Experience for an Immediate Start within the Bowen Basin. Accomodation will be provided free of charge, 7/7 roster.
About the Company
WorkPac with a partnership of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Register or apply with us for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
To be successful for this role you must have:
* Standard 11 Induction Training
* Current Coal Board Medical
* Driver’s License and Own Transport
* Minimum 3 Years Leading Hand or Supervisor experience
• High Understanding of Safety Compliance and Standards
• CAT Truck 226T / Hitachi Excavator 600T Experience
• CAT Ancillary Equipment
• Team Player and Team Orientated
• People and Performance Management Experience
Why work for WorkPac
WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, the local areas and are always helping local community.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
NOTE: When you apply for this job Production Operator/ Step Up Leading Hand, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Would you like to apply to this job?Click for more details and Apply for the job
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list