You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Operator Mining Jobs Cameby Downs
Yancoal are searching for people to operate heavy mobile equipment, primarily dozers, loaders and excavators, to assist with the efficient and safe mining of coal. You’ll be working at Cameby Downs, a small open cut thermal coal mine in the Surat Basin in Southern Queensland, between Chinchilla and Miles.
Work a 6 days on 4 days off roster, 10.5hr shifts, rotating between day and night shift.
Skills & Experience:
- Sound communication skills, including on a two-way radio.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- High attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in the operation of loaders and/or excavators within a mining environment is essential, experience operating dozers is an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of individual responsibilities in relation to the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulations.
- Extensive experience with hazard identification and reporting.
- Current RII Competencies for operating loaders and/or excavators are essential, RII competency for dozers is an advantage.
- Unrestricted Queensland Driver’s licence
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Mine Induction (Surface) or equivalent
Benefits of *Operator Mining Jobs Cameby Downs:
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible wages employees:
- Assistance with local living costs
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
About the Company:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.