Underground Mining Mechanic Drill Diesel Fitter FIFO QLD
Mechanic Drill Fitter Underground Mining FIFO Brisbane QLD
DRILL FITTER – MULTIPLE ROLES AVAILABLE / Diesel Mechanics – Hard Rock Mining Workshop & UNDERGROUND POSITIONS AVAILABLE
*****OPEN FOR FIFO – FROM BRISBANE/TOWNSVILLE/CAIRNS TO MT ISA MINING REGION***** IMMEDIATE STARTS ON OFFER ****
They are looking for a Trade Qualified Diesel Fitter/ Diesel Mechanic/Drill Fitter to carry out routine services and maintenance repairs, along with preventative maintenance on hard rock mining underground mining equipment.
They are inviting to be a part of a tightknit community and enjoy a residential or FIFO lifestyle at Mt Isa. Located in the scenic rural North West of Queensland and within close distance to the coast line of Townsville, the vibrant city offers a sought-after lifestyle and affordable living in comfortable subsidized housing. This is a great opportunity for you and your family to contribute to a unique community and enjoy a wide range of seasonal outdoor activities; allowing you to find the perfect balance between leisure and work.
From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, local residents can make the most of modern amenities. The city of Mt Isa is supported by a resident doctors & hospitals, excellent primary & high schools to select from, supermarkets and specialty shops, local community gym’s, clubs and youth center
What the role requires
This role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a strong commitment to safety and zero harm culture. Currently this role is Monday to Friday for a locally based candidate or 1/1 week on week off roster for FIFO workers from Townsville or Brisbane. In this role you will carry out general mechanical work including repairs, attending breakdowns and service work in a workshop and underground environment to heavy mobile equipment.
They have workshop based roles available as well as Underground maintenance roles available which report directly to the site Management team, and you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Carrying out scheduled and breakdown maintenance activities across a range of mining and auxiliary equipment including:
- Sandvik Drill Experience preferred (Solo, Jumbo or Axera 5 & Cable Bolters ) as well as Atlas Copco *(Simba L6C and Boomer M2C)*
- Cat, Sandvik & Atlas Copco LHD Equipment (R1700/R2900, ST18, LH517/621Loaders & MT6020, TH550/551/663, AD45/55/60 Trucks)
- Ancillary Equipment (Charge up trucks and Agitators & IT’s – Normet & CAT/Volvo)
- Hydraulic and electrical fault finding & problem-solving, diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Enabling the maintenance department to meet present and future needs of the operation
- Ensuring that maintenance is of a high quality and re-work is not required
- Contributing to improvement projects and work as part of a reliability based maintenance team
- Fostering a culture of zero harm and continuous improvement
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A relevant Diesel Fitter qualification
- A manual C class open drivers license
- A current Forklift Ticket – High Risk
- GI inductions and Glencore Mt Isa site access will be highly regarded
- Post trade experience in a mining hard rock or heavy industrial environment
- Current underground mining experience
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- The ability to work autonomously and without direct supervision
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where your challenged to drive positive change.
Call and express your interest they have a Consultant available to take you calls during the day and after shift – Melissa Bright – Office (07) 3886 2162 or mobile 0498 319 086.
Email your CV for review to melissa @brighttrainingemploymentpartners.com.au
WWW.BRIGHTRAININGEMPLOYMENTPARTNERS.COM.AU Gateway to your brighter future. CALL OFFICE: (07) 3886 2162
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Mechanic Drill Fitter Underground Mining FIFO Brisbane QLD