If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Fitter – Field Maintenance Western Australia
At BHP they support people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. There strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where employees feel strongly connected to values and objectives, and where the capability of people is key to success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
They are seeking a diverse and talented individual to take on the role of Technician Mechanical with Field Equipment Maintenance Team at Mining Area C.
Your duties will include:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Maintenance of Mobile Plant that include: Hitachi EX3600 Excavators, Liebherr 996B, EX9400 Excavators
- Following specific maintenance programs and procedures
- Operation of mobile equipment within limits of competence, training and experience
- Carrying out checks on equipment as required
- Accurate completion of technical documentation, reports and drawings as required
- Use of computerized maintenance systems (SAP), including time confirmations, raising notifications and closing work orders
- Take personal responsibility for helping the team achieve expected results by doing what is required and taking timely actions within the scope of competence without being supervised
- Contribute to the ongoing development, review and amendment of Quality Assurance documents as required
- Undertake training on a regular basis and provide support and coaching to work mates within area of competence
- Actively participate in all activities, volunteering ideas and exchanging information freely
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with rescheduling of work, organizing and coordinating resources, scoping of work and determining priorities when required
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of the new initiatives in a constructive way
- Executing tasks to a high standard and in a timely matter
- Coach other trades team members to enhance their technical knowledge
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Fitter Trade Qualification with a minimum 2 years Post Trade Experience
- C and HR Drivers License
- Forklift License
- EWP, Working at Heights, CV (Hiab), CN (Non Slewing Crane), Dogman
Confined Space – Desirable
- Experience with Hitachi EX3600 Excavators, Liebherr 996B, EX9400 Excavators
These rosters include:
Mining Area C offers a number of Jobshare and Flexible work rosters, ensuring work/life balance.
- 2 weeks on 1 week off
- 50% Jobshare roster of 2 weeks on 4 weeks off
- 66% Jobshare roster of 2weeks on 1 week off, 2 weeks on 4 weeks off
- 75% Jobshare even time roster 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 1 week on, 1 week off, 2 weeks on, 1 week off, 1 week on, 2 weeks off
Supporting a diverse workforce
Would you like to apply for this position?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Duty Fitter Mobile Plant Field Maintenance WA