- The Mining Induction course is designed by mining employers and follows the Mines Inspectorate directive. This means what you will learn on this course are the skills and knowledge the mining companies want and NEED you to have.
- Completion of the course will mean you will have advanced knowledge of Work Health & Safety, keeping you and other mine workers safe from potential injury and harm on a mine site.
- This mining induction course (Standard 11) also cover WHS. This means you can work on more mine sites and not just coal mines.
- The training is designed to exceed the safety standards required. We do this to put YOU in the best position to improve your career.
- The team of trainers have real mining experience which means not only are they excellent trainers, they can also help you understand life in the mines.
- Highly practical classes meaning if you are a new starter you will be able to apply your knowledge and show your employers real skills which could make a big difference and make you more employable.
- RIIRIS201B Conduct Local Risk Control
Hazard ID, control and risk assessment and in a mining environment.
- RIIERR302A Respond to Local Emergencies and incidents
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment.
- RIIGOV201A Comply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal well-being, and complete relevant reports and forms.
- RIIOHS201A Work Safely and Follow WHS Policies and Procedures (Requires sign off )
Working safely and follow WHS policies and procedures, accessing and apply site safety procedures; applying personal safety measures and operational safety measures; maintaining personal well being for job; and identifying and reporting incidents.
- RIIERR205A Apply Initial Response First Aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports.
- RIICOM201A Communicate in the Workplace
Identify, access and use work site communication systems and equipment, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation.
Additional unit included free of charge
- BSBSUS201A Participate in Environmentally Sustainable Work Practices
Effectively measure current resource use and to carry out improvements including reducing the negative environmental impact of work practice.
There is a pre-course assessment to allow you to download and complete part of the course in your own time. This ensures that you’re going to finish the course with a high level of mining knowledge by covering additional subject material.
Work Place Assessment
You will receive a Statement of Completion certificate after this course along with a photo ID card. You will be given a Work Place Assessment document for the one unit that requires sign off on a mine site. When you return the Work Place Assessment, we will then provide you with a Statement of Attainment and photo ID card which is then valid for 5 years.
What you get…
- A pre-reading mining safety and information workbook and assessment for you to complete before your course starts
- A course that is designed to rapidly increase you mining knowledge.
- Highly practical classes meaning you will be able to apply your mining knowledge and show your employers real skills.
- The benefits of experienced and engaging trainers to make learning easy.
- The trainers have real mining experience which means not only are they excellent trainers, they can also help you understand life in the mines.
- Unlike many other mining training courses, it also cover metalliferous. This means you will have a greater selection of mine sites to work on.
Still not convinced you need to do this course?
Test your knowledge and see how you go…take the Standard 11 quiz here.
You can even email the results to your inbox.
- Post-Training Job Support, including…
- Complimentary access to Industry Pathways (the Registered Training Organisation who will be running this course) student services website giving you access to highly researched materials that will help you find and apply for mining jobs.
- Hints on how to create a mining focused resume to really help you get your foot in the door with mining companies.
- Mining interview tips to give you the confidence to talk to any mining company or recruiter in a positive and authoritative manner which reflects your ability to instantly get on with other people, which is important in mining environment where teamwork is a part of daily mining life.
- There is a guide to starting a mining career as an apprentice.
- A discount card for 5% off all mining training courses with Industry Pathways, so you can save even more money on additional courses.
- A discount card for 10% off all mining resume services with Industry Pathways.
- We show you where you can buy your PPE and save $$$.
- Access to a complete lists of mining companies and that highlights over 600 mines including contact details, what they do and addresses.
- iMINCO Project News. Each week you’ll receive emails about where the mining jobs are, from entry-level mining jobs with no experience through to trades, construction, processing and mine-site management.
Coal Mining Companies in Qld
- Anglo American
- Rio Tinto
- Peabody Energy
- Jellinbah Group
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the training and industry experience of Industry Pathways (NPN: 32513), who are a leading provider of mining training. Please read the Industry Pathways refund policy before booking this course.