Here’s how Generic Induction safety training will make you stand out to mining companies:
- The Mining Induction course is designed by mining employers and follows the Mines Inspectorate directive. This means what you will learn on this course are the skills and knowledge the mining companies want and NEED you to have. Completion of the course will mean you will be educated in mining WHS best practices, keeping you and other mine workers safe from potential injury and harm on a mine site.
- Unlike many other training courses, this mining induction course (Standard 11) also cover metalliferous. This means you can work on more mine sites and not just coal mines.
- The training is designed to exceed the safety standards required. We do this to put YOU in the best position to improve your career.
- The team of trainers have real mining experience which means not only are they excellent trainers, they can also help you understand life in the mines.
- Highly practical classes meaning if you are a new starter you will be able to apply your knowledge and show your employers real skills which could make a big difference and make you more employable.
Coal Mine Induction – Surface Operation Course Subjects:
- RIIRIS201B Conduct Local Risk Control
Hazard ID, control and risk assessment and in a mining environment
- RIIERR302A Respond to Local Emergencies
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment
- RIIGOV201A Comply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal well-being, and complete relevant reports and forms
- RIIOHS201A Work Safely and Follow OHS Policies and Procedures
- RIIERR205A Apply Initial Response First Aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports
- RIICOM201A Communicate in the Workplace
Identify, access and use work site communication systems and equipment, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation
How long does the Mining Induction course take?
The course is held in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Cairns, Hervey Bay, Adelaide, Canberra and Townsville. It is generally run over two days and in some capital cities on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Special dates can be arranged for companies wishing to arrange a group booking.
We’ve also introduced a pre-course assessment to allow you to download and complete part of the course in your own time. This ensures that you’re going to finish the course with a high level of mining knowledge by covering additional subject material. Like construction sites, mine site also have their own site specific requirements over and above these mining induction courses which must also be completed to enter onto their site. Some States do not have any specific generic induction requirements and are thereby determined on a mine by mine basis, however this induction usually covers many of the subjects/topics required by many of those sites. BMA’s Queensland 6 coal mines have their own process for mining and site specific inductions. Should you be intending to go straight to one of BMA’s Queensland Coal Mines you should contact them to enquire about their specific site requirements which may mean enrolling into their own induction program or a mixture of both. We recommend you should always check first with the specific site, industry or State regulations you intend to work in, to determine their specific requirements.
For students who are not actively employed in the industry at the time the training course was completed, you will have to engage in mining employment to complete the workplace activities before you can officially complete and finish the course.
Students receive a Statement of Completion after the course completion and once the workplace assessment is handed in a Statement of Attainment is issued!
BETTER TRAINING. BETTER RESULTS.
Invest in your future with better training to help get into the mines faster. Not only is this the BEST TRAINING, it is also the BEST VALUE course in Australia with Post Training Job Support.
Everyone undertaking the Mining Induction course receives:
- The carefully designed, intensive course for maximum mining knowledge and up-skilling.
- The benefits of experienced and engaging trainers to make learning easy.
- The trainers have real mining experience which means not only are they excellent trainers, they can also help you understand life in the mines.
- Unlike many other mining training courses, it also cover metalliferous. This means you can have a greater selection of mine sites to work on.
- This Standard 11 training course is designed to exceed the standards required. This is done to put YOU in the best position to start your mining career.
- Highly practical classes meaning you will be able to apply your mining knowledge and show your employers real skills.
Course Duration: 2 Days (with pre-course and workplace assessment))
Course Cost: $795
- Post-Training Job Support, including…
- Complimentary access to Industry Pathways (the Registered Training Organisation who will be running this course) student services website giving you access to highly researched materials that will help you find and apply for mining jobs.
- Hints on how to create a mining focused resume to really help you get your foot in the door with mining companies.
- Mining interview tips to give you the confidence to talk to any mining company or recruiter in a positive and authoritative manner which reflects your ability to instantly get on with other people, which is important in mining environment where teamwork is a part of daily mining life.
- A discount card for 5% off all mining training courses with Industry Pathways, so you can save even more money on additional courses.
- A discount card for 10% off all mining resume services with Industry Pathways.
- We show you where you can buy your PPE and save $$$.
- Access to a complete lists of mining companies and an interactive map that highlights over 600 mines including contact details, what they do and addresses.
- Each week you’ll receive emails about where the mining jobs are, from entry-level mining jobs with no experience through to trades, construction, processing and mine-site management.
Call (07) 3106 3723 if you have any questions before you enrol or email us. We are here to help!
Please read the Industry Pathways refund policy before booking this course.
Mining Induction (Standard 11)
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the extensive training and industry experience of Industry Pathways (NPN: 32513), who are a leading provider of mining training.