Standard 11 Course Info
- Course: $650
- Duration: 2 day face-to-face, classroom-based training.
- Delivery: Practical and theory based activities.
- Completion: Upon the successful completion of this course (including completion of a skills and experience form with supporting evidence of previous experience, or completion of the Standard 11 log book) a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment is issued.
- Validity: 5 years, with the option to complete a ‘paid’ refresher course before expiry.
Eligibility: Must be 18 and have the ability to read and write basic English.
About the Standard 11 Mining Induction Training
The Standard 11 is a Queensland workplace health and safety package for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII). There are 6 units of study (competency) in the Standard 11, as recognised in the Training in Coal Mines (Qld Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999).
If you’re a process worker, electrician, plumber, fitter, engineer, architect, cleaner, kitchen hand, chef, office and admin staff, driver, labourer, manager etc and part of your job means you have to work on a Queensland coal mine site – you’ll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety and procedures training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
- General mining overview
- General safety
- Managing workplace hazards
- Risk management
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Traffic and mobile equipment procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Life saving first aid
- Fire fighting and fire prevention
- The environment
- The work process
Completion of the Standard 11 can be credited towards advanced mining training packages such as RII20213 Certificate II in Surface Extraction Operations.
iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the extensive training and industry experience of GO2 Skills & Training PTY LTD (RTO No:40927).