If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experienced Underground Mining Manager Position
- ASX100 – global manufacturer & marketer of commercial explosives, fertilizers and industrial explosives
- In partnership with the Underground Manager, lead all site operations.
- Mount Isa location, FIFO via Brisbane/Townsville
Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) and its subsidiary company Dyno Nobel, is a ASX 100 global leader in the resources and agricultural sectors with an unrelenting focus on Zero Harm. With a diverse leadership, add value for customers through manufacturing excellence, innovation and world class services.
Provide ground breaking solutions through practical innovation in the mining services and agriculture industry. The group comprises more than 5,000 people across the sales, commercial operations and manufacturing footprint globally, including the key mining markets in North America, Asia Pacific, South Africa and South America.
Reporting to the Underground Manager the role of Underground Manager (2IC) will manage the site operations as established in procedures and guidelines set by the company in the areas of safety, environment, quality assurance, reliability and cost with the aim of achieving Operational Excellence, and to ensure customer requirements are met. With a positive and strong focus on continuous improvement in the utilization of assets, you will be thorough, accurate and proactive in addressing site issues and be solutions orientated.
You will be set up to succeed leveraging your abilities in:
- To plan, manage & control resources whilst establishing supportive working relationships
- Excellent supervisory skills by applying a consultative & high performance style
- Excellent problem-solving skills, reconciliation & collaborative approach
- Excellent computer literacy, written & verbal communications
- Ability to work autonomously and unsupervised
- Demonstrated Underground experience with established supervisory experience in the explosives/mining industry.
- Experience with manufacture of emulsion matrix, underground equipment and underground blasting operations.
- Experience with safety, environment, quality (ISO9000), maintenance and training systems.
- Relevant tickets of Senior first aid certificate, Dangerous Goods License, State specific mine license requirements & Security Sensitive Ammonium Nitrate (SSAN) Clearance
- QLD S1, S2, S3 qualification
- You will show capability of driving with your HR Driver’s License & High Risk Forklift Ticket
Benefits to you
- A team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- An above market attractive salary package is offered.
- This is your opportunity to be part of a growing organization where you can have an impact on the change and future vision.
Please click on apply and will be in contact with you within 5 working days with an update.
A little more about
- At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
- The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
- Support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Dyno Nobel and Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change, and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Underground Mining Manager FIFO Townsville