This is a realistic learning experience;
- How to conform to mine standards as well as just how a mine site operates.
- Your expected performance as a member of a production crew
- Learn how to safely operate these huge vehicles
- Attending morning briefings and pre-start checks…plus a whole lot more.
- Pre-start machinery check / Post-machinery check – checking for defects on your machine
- Understanding how a dump truck functions and a guided tour of the cab
- One of the major maneouvers of reversing up to an excavator and wait t=o be loaded
- Control truck in slippery conditions
- Horn signalling which is one the most commonly used signal when entering or leaving leading areas and pits
- Positive radio communications
- Mine site safety protocols with regards to machinery operations
- Driving the dump truck with a full load as well as empty
- Driving alongside with other machinery on site
- Emergency braking and safety operations
- Control truck in slippery conditions
- Correct and safe dumping techniques
- Filling out of daily sheets and forms
- Safety tagging out of equipment
- The training course is run under the Mining and Quarry Act where you will work alongside other mining machinery such as excavators, water trucks, light vehicles etc.
Dump Truck Course Currently Unavailable
Dump Truck Course Queensland
Course name: RIIMPO338D Conduct Haul Truck Operations
Location: Brisbane Area
The training site is huge, with haul road circuits so you can really get to experience the power and thrill of driving a big dump truck.
There are plenty of challenging driving conditions, including declines, inclines and a range of different substrates.
Dump Truck Course Training
Dump truck courses can runs weekly. Once you’ve booked your spot, we will find the best times and dates that best fits in with your availability and the vacant spots on the course.
Whilst there is a continuing push for companies to hire new starters, the more similar experience you can get, the more likely you will be of securing a long-term position.
Some people prefer to look for a dump truck traineeship, although this type of training can help you get into the mining industry as a dump truck driver, new starters who have proven they have the right attitude and have invested heavily in themselves often stand a better chance of a position.
The skills you will learn on the training course, plus the qualification: (RIIMPO311D – Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations), will absolutely improve your chances of getting a well paid mining job.
Pre-booking this course is essential to avoid missing out
Please note: Basic English, reading and writing skills are necessary due to safety requirements. You will not be accepted at the course if you don’t have these basic skills.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.