See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Fitters and Auto Electricians for Blackwater workshop – 7/7 or 5/2 Roster
There client has excellent opportunities for experienced Diesel Fitters and Auto Electricians. Their workshop based in Blackwater, is now requiring several Diesel Fitters and Auto Electricians to commence with them immediately in ongoing casual roles. On offer are temporary to permanent positions and after the initial tenure of 3 months, the right candidates will be offered permanent contracts.
This work is based in a mining workshop in Blackwater. This is not based in a coal mine site so therefore no mining tickets are required. This role offers an attractive roster of 7/7 or 5/2 encouraging people form local cities such as Rockhampton to apply. There client is offering accommodation and meals.
- Maintenance and repairs on Caterpillar fleet including Excavators, loaders, scrapers, dozers, dump trucks, graders, water tucks and more…
- Component and engine rebuilding
- 12 hour shifts – 7.6 paid at normal time, 3 hours after paid at time and half, the rest paid at double time
- 7/7 or a 5/2 roster
- Attractive pay rate based on skillset and experience
To be successful:
- Trade Qualification
- Proven experience working on Caterpillar machinery (highly regarded)
- Be at full functional capacity – fit and healthy
- Ability to pass a full pre-employment and drug & alcohol screening
- Motivated attitude and excellent work ethic
- Available for long term work
What they offer:
- Ongoing casual role and for the right candidate – permanent position with our client
- Accommodation and meals
- Work with well reputed brands, names and organizations of Australia and overseas – ability to build on your heavy machinery and Caterpillar knowledge
- Weekly pay plus superannuation and penalties
- Ongoing support and a zero harm work environment
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact their office on 07 3902 0042.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Apply for Diesel Fitters Auto Electricians
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Diesel Fitters Auto Electricians Coal mine Blackwater QLD
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player