If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Fitter – Open Cut Coal Mining Job Rockhampton QLD
- Enjoy long term permanent work with a reputable mining
- contractor Attractive lifestyle friendly 5:4 & 4:
- 5 roster – DIDO Good standard of accommodation with food provided
A reputable mining contractor with an impressive, and growing, portfolio of mine sites in multiple states in Australia.
What they are searching for
- Currently searching for
- Multiple heavy diesel fitters for two mine sites in the Bowen Basin area. The Project & Roster
This open cut coal project is between 1 & 2 hours drive from Gladstone and Rockhampton & runs on a lifestyle friendly roster. 5 days on: 4 days off – 4 nights on: 5 days off, 12h shifts.
The Pay & Benefits
- Attractive $55 + Super/h along with annual leave and other company benefits such as training and career development as they ramp up production.
- The Duties & Machinery
- Your 3-4+ years experience working on open cut coal equipment will put you in a good position with your demands in the workshop and field.
- The ability to work in a team and autonomously will be essential in their role.
- The site operates with a wide variety of open cut coal equipment inc Liebherr diggers, Komatsu dumpers, CAT dumpers, and is supported by a fully equipped workshop.
Applications are being taken for interviews immediately with successful candidates to start ASAP.
Apply now for more information Annie Chenon on 02 8116 2200.
Like the sound of this but you don’t have the right skill-set? Share it with your friends who do!
Annie Chenon email@example.com 02 8116 2200
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Diesel Fitter Open Cut Coal Mining Job DIDO QLD
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list