If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
LV Fitter – Mechanical Underground Mining
- Olympic Dam Project
- 2/1 Roster
- Residential or FIFO from Adelaide
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilizing modern technology.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for carrying out general mechanical work including repairs, attending breakdowns and service work in a workshop and underground environment to all light vehicles and when required to assist on heavy equipment. The roles are based on a 2 weeks on, 1 week off rotating roster. Locals from Roxby Downs are encouraged to apply of FIFO is available from Adelaide.
- carry out scheduled maintenance and breakdown repairs to all light vehicles and when required to assist with heavy equipment and fixed plant
- perform fault finding, repairing and/ or replacing components as required
- maintain light vehicles and equipment, ensuring compliance with regulations and site requirements.
Skills & Experience
- trade qualification as a Light Vehicle Mechanic
- extensive underground experience working on Light vehicle equipment i.e. Toyota, Izusu
- air con ticket highly desirable
- valid manual drivers license
- strong fault finding & diagnostic skills
- current First Aid & CPR certificate – or ability to obtain one
- a work ethic in keeping with Redpath’s motto Consider it done.
A competitive rate is on offer for the successful candidate.
Redpath is the type of company where you can sink your teeth into a challenging role, get hands on experience and receive learning & development opportunities with experienced personnel.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 2401-2579-LVF.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities.Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Mining Mechanical Fitter maintenance QLD