If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Supervisor Cranes Transport
- Use your proven leadership experience in this dynamic role
- Great opportunity to influence change in this leadership role
- Residential Lifestyle – Sportsman’s Roster – Dampier
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. There focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth’s mineral resources in order to maximize value for our shareholders.
Everything they do is done with the future firmly in mind, so there employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
They are searching for a Supervisor Cranes to establish and manage contract relationships and to ensure contractors undertaking activities are managed in a safe, efficient& cost effective manner.
Port facilities consist of three shipping terminals located on the Pilbara coast at Dampier and Cape Lambert which form an essential part of our logistics process. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, iron ore stockpiling, product blending and ship loading.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a Supervisor to provide support Operations team with the safe and efficient operation of Cranes and Transport equipment. You will lead and develop the team to meet daily, weekly, monthly and yearly requirements. You will also lead improvement initiatives and ensure that Cranage and transport activities are undertaken in a safe and productive manner.
You will be a Supervisor who strives for excellence and encourages a safe, positive, communicative and supportive environment. Enjoy the relaxed coastal lifestyle, working on a family friendly, days only, 5 on, 4 off, 5 on, 5 off, 4 on, 5 off, Sportsman’s roster and reporting to the Superintendent Cranes and Belts,
You will be:
- Ensuring all operating and maintenance activities undertaken are designed, planned and carried out in accordance with RTIO’s safety systems and comply with State and Federal Regulations
- HSE accountability to actively promote safety awareness and safety work practices
- Managing your team’s HSE investigations, prepare reports and recommendations and implement corrective actions.
- Coordinating the Cranage and transport team throughout the shift to achieve business targets in a safe and efficient manner
- Identifying and analyzing continuous faults and takes action when required.
- Prioritizing workflow for the shift.
- Solving problems and make decisions in consultation with all key stakeholders
- Ensuring appropriate allocation of resources
- Leading the team each morning with a structured way of delivering safety, instruction and communication of
key information to your team
- Managing contractors on site when required
- Developing and maintain key relationships on site and externally
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Current Western Australian ‘C’ Class Drivers License
- SAP Plant Maintenance and Materials Management modules
- 5 years or more experience on working on or with Cranes or Transport
- A trade background or similar demonstrated experience
- Extensive experience in a mining environment
- Knowledge of bulk materials handling plant and equipment
- Previous Supervisory experience
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Front line Management qualification
- Certification in Training and Assessment
- Strong experience in Troubleshooting and Root cause analysis
- Crane Open Ticket
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are searching for, apply now.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training.Click Apply for Supervisor Cranes Transport Global mining job Pilbara