If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Driller Work over Plant Operation
Sirius Well Manufacturing Services (SWMS) is a joint venture between Royal Dutch Shell plc and the China National Petroleum Company (CNPC / PetroChina). There focus lies with gas well delivery onshore in Queensland, Australia, where they can provide work over services, drilling rigs, directional services, well head design and manufacturing, cementing services and more.
About the Role
They are currently seeking experienced Well Servicing Driller to support their operations throughout the Surat and Bowen Basin areas. The point of hire is Caboolture and well servicing operations include workovers and completions with there crews working a 2:2 roster.
- Conducting and supervising regular safety meetings and performing job hazard analysis, and risk assessments with crew.
- Completing Blow Out Prevention (BOP) drills, equipment checks to company policy and industry regulations.
- Use and operate all equipment in accordance with SWMS and client policy and procedures.
- Report all incidents, accidents, near misses and hazards to the Operations Manager and HSET Manager in line with company requirements, policy and procedures.
- Provide high level support to rig members in daily operations on the rig.
- Ensure that the rig equipment is operational and maintained to the standards outlined in company policy and service manuals.
- Ensure that all documentation and reports are completed including meeting reports, confined space entry sheets, slings and fall prevention log sheets, hazard identification reports, work permits, motor sheets, pump sheets, alert confirmations, rig consumables and other related items.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Experience working in Well Servicing operations
- Accredited certification (Onshore Oil and Gas/ Well Servicing Operations)
- Strong mechanical ability and proven experience in operating plant and equipment
- A high regard and positive attitude towards safety and teamwork
- Open Manual Drivers License
- Australian based experience
What they can Offer?
At SWMS, you can expect a truly cutting-edge environment. You’ll be working on some of the most ambitious projects in the industry, surrounded by knowledgeable, like-minded work-mates. It’s a close-knit culture that believes in giving people the training, development and opportunities they need to succeed.
In return for your commitment and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, nationally accredited training, career growth and development, ongoing and consistent work.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.Click Apply for Mining Driller Workover Plant Operation Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list