If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill Fitter Maintenance – Karara Mine
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight they work closely with there customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile re handle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
Currently seeking experienced Drill Fitters to join the team at Karara. Key responsibilities include repairs and maintenance of heavy duty machinery, and the preparation of relevant reports and documentation.
- Relevant Mechanical Diesel Trade certificate
- Experience in servicing CAT MD6540 & MD6420 (Terex SKL, SKSS) Sandvik DR580 (Cubex) & Atlas Copco D65 Drill Rigs will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining and servicing large scale earth moving equipment in a mining situation is essential
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be the best in all that you do.
WHAT THEY OFFER
- An excellent remuneration package
- An outstanding 2/1 FIFO roster to maintain your work/life balance
- An overriding commitment to zero harm
- A Supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
Located 40 minutes from Perth by plane, this project offers a 2:1 FIFO roster from Perth and DIDO from Geraldton. The site has a new camp offering modern unsuited rooms, with the latest modern amenities including sporting & recreational facilities.
For further information please contact Mary-Jane Heaney on 08 62129620
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities.Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Karara Mine Drill Fitter Maintenance Mining services QLD