If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Mining Quality Superintendent QLD
- 9 Day fortnight
- Diverse leadership role across three open cut mine sites
- Grow your career with Peabody
About the role:
Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of two open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometers southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverized coal (LV-PCI) for export markets. Their Millennium mine is an open-cut mine located 160 kilometers southwest of Mackay producing coking and low to mid-volatile PCI coal for export markets.
Supporting all three open cut sites, your role will be crucial in driving an integral part of the technical services function. The role will be responsible for the monitoring, evaluation and improvement of coal preparation and coal sampling to ensure quality specifications and recovery targets are met.
Duties will include:
- Managing all aspects of coal quality and reconciliation
- Comply with the coal quality sign off sheet to determine the clean coal mining
- Monitoring and forward planning of coal quality and quantity to enable contract specifications to be met. This includes maintaining 12 month production and stockpile schedules
- Providing supervision to members of the technical services and coal quality t
- Liaising with mine engineers and mine production schedulers.
- Coordination of blending requirements where necessary to ensure that the customers’ shipments match specifications.
Monitoring coal quality as delivered to the customer and follow up on investigations where coal specs have not achieved contract specs.
Project work to improve coal quality by investigating improvements to our blending and shipping operations. Reviewing logistics to optimize delivery options
This position is offered on a Monday to Friday roster with 1 rostered Friday off per fortnight and can allow for a residential, DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
- Experience in open cut mining operations within the coal industry
- Ideally experience in a CHPP environment
- Tertiary qualified in geology/metallurgy/engineering
- Proven ability to effectively manage contractors and a team (5+ years)
- Excellent people development skills.
- Possess well-developed communication, negotiating and influencing skills and confidence in your knowledge of project management practices.
- Staunch commitment to safety as a way of life.
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
- Peabody prides itself on being a values driven company.
- They strive, through people, to achieve mission and live there values of Safety, Customer Focus, Leadership, People, Excellence, Integrity and Sustainability.
They take responsibility to for the environment, benefit their communities and restore the land for generations that follow.
Apply to Peabody today and grow your career. For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Us or click apply now.
Please apply directly as submissions from recruitment agencies will not be considered without prior approval. All applications will be treated as highly confidential and will not be disclosed beyond HR and the hiring manager.
Apply for Coal Quality Superintendent Job
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Coal Mining Quality Superintendent Coppabella Moorvale Mine QLD