WTP/ STP Operator Coal Mining Jobs
Morris (A Division of Sodexo) has over 50 years’ experience delivering industrial hospitality services to the remote mining, resources and construction sectors.
At Morris, they know it is there people that make us successful and they strive to provide a supportive and enriching environment where their employees can succeed and feel genuinely valued. As a result of their continued growth, they are looking for diversely talented and enthusiastic people to contribute to the continuing success of the business.
They currently have a good opportunity for an experienced STP/WTP Operator to join their Q coal site located in Byerwen, Qld. This role is DIDO ex Mackay or surrounding areas on a 14:7 roster.
This role will involve:
- Inspect and maintain the treatment plant systems on a daily basis to ensure effective operations
- Maintain and operate the filtering and chemical treatment processes
- Inspect, service and repair components of the water treatment plant including water intakes, pipes, water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, circulation pumps, boilers, heat exchangers and valves
- Arrange for servicing and major repairs
- Inspect the treatment plant systems on a daily basis to ensure effective operations
- Conduct inspections of mechanical, generators, electrical and other building components and system
- Keep a daily log, and prepare activities and reports to ensure records are well maintained
- Recommend the purchase of goods and equipment and maintain inventories
- All other duties as requested
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Certificate III in Waste Water Operations
- Minimum of 5 years experience in operating a plant
- Open drivers license and reliable transport
- Water sampling and testing techniques, inspection procedures, water and sanitation systems management
- Previous experience on working on remote sites is desirable
- Experience in a broad range of skills and general maintenance
- Work Safely at Heights would be advantageous
- Enter and Work in Confined Spaces would be advantageous
- White card
What’s on offer?
- Roster of 14 days on, 7 days (DIDO ex Mackay or surrounding areas)
- A supportive and engaging team environment
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Ongoing career development
All Candidates must have Australian or New Zealand Residency and will be subject to a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment including drug and alcohol test. A national police clearance with a validity of 3 months may be required.
Morris is an equal opportunity employer. Morris aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous Australians and they encourage Indigenous people to apply
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*.Click Apply for WTP/STP Operator – Coal Mining Jobs DIDO Byerwen QLD