See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Operator Jobs Rockhampton
Camp Meals & Accommodation Provided
EMS are searching to hire experienced Underground Operators/Beltmen with conveyor installation & maintenance experience to join their team.
- 7/7 Family Friendly Roster
- FULL TIME; LONG TERM POSITIONS
- Super paid on all hours
- Annual & Sick Leave paid at Site Rates
- Experienced & Professional Crew
- Central Bowen Basin – via Middlemount/Tieri
Underground Operator Jobs Rockhampton *YOU MUST HAVE:
- Previous Underground Experience in an Australian Coal Mine
- Queensland Standard 11 Induction Training – UG
- Queensland Coal Board Medical – UG Section 4
- Current Drug & Alcohol Screen
- Driver’s Licence
- Birth Certificate/Passport
- Up to date Resume highlighting Underground / Belts experience
- Demonstrated safety focus and outlook with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- DIDO – Camp meals & accommodation provided
- Bus from mine to camp daily
- Opportunities for advancement within their crews
About the Company:
Essential Mining Services (EMS) – is a diverse and progressive business with over a decade in the coal and hard-rock mining industry. Their track record demonstrates their dedication to providing exemplary service and solutions to their Customers, with the ability to provide long term stable employment for their growing team.
EMS prides itself on their reputation for providing safe, quality and innovative solutions to the mining industry. Their principle team has a broad knowledge and skill base with significant industry experience and who value the contributions of their on-site team at the coal face.
They are a family orientated business who are dedicated to supporting positive culture and progressive improvement with a work/life balance lifestyle for all their team.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list