Underground Operator Jobs Mackay
Mastermyne are recruiting Underground Operators for work out in the Mackay & Coalfields region.
- Full Time Employment
- 2 Year Secondary Support Contract
- Career advancement opportunities available
- 7/7 Roster, Camp + Meals + Average Fortnightly Bolting Bonus $528
- Moranbah Region
About the role:
Their underground operators are required to deliver work that meets the mine sites and industry requirements. Identifying hazards and managing critical risk, whilst displaying good safety behaviour is paramount in these roles. It is an expectation you will challenge your peers to a higher standard.
What they can offer you:
Mastermyne is a high standard employer and the benefits of working for us extend way beyond your weekly salary. In addition to a competitive wage they can offer:
- Personal leave, annual leave and long service leave paid as if at work
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study
- Paid study days for university study
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- Diploma Project Management
- Certificate IV Leadership
- Deputy Qualification
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- “Mum’s baby bonus” – 6 weeks wages helping Mum to cover costs during maternity leave and once they return to work
- “Dad’s new-arrival leave” – 4 days paid allowing Dad’s to spend time with their newborn without needing to use accrued annual or carers leave
- Flu immunisations
- Business improvement and innovation rewards
- Family Christmas parties
- Employee Christmas gifts
- “Well Pay” – personal leave paid out on termination for employees on QLD and Illawarra Mining Projects
- Group Income Protection Insurance
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350)
- Salary Packaging
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing
- Employee Assistance, well-being assistance that’s free for all the family
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave
- Paid Graduate Programs
Minimum skills and experience required:
Quality, respect, mateship and family hold true in their business and they only seek underground operators aligned with these same values. Technical requirements they are seeking include:
- Underground Coal experience with a focus on Secondary Support work;
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical;
- Current QLD Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Statement of Attainment;
- Tickets including LHD and Bucket, Airtrack Bolter, Man Transporter, Supply Trailer;
- Signed copies of training transcripts and/or authorisations;
- Valid Driver’s Licence
About the Company:
Mastermyne has over 22 years’ experience delivering contract mining services in Queensland and New South Wales and has a proven track record of providing “best-for-project” solutions for their customers.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.