If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Operator Electrician – FIFO
Underground Mining Operator Electrician Northern QLD, Cannington mine.
Cannington is one of the world’s largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
South32 have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Underground Electrician to join Cannington team. Reporting to the Supervisor for Fixed Plant Electrical you will be responsible for safely maintaining equipment to ensure plant availability targets are achieved and equipment is available to meet the production plan.
Key role accountability include:
- Ensure that Electrical installations and equipment are in accordance with the appropriate Australian standards.
- Actively participate in creating a workplace which is free from harassment, discrimination and victimization by taking a proactive role in the setting and maintaining of appropriate standards of behaviour.
- Assist in ensuring ongoing site maintenance activities meet statutory requirements and internal standards.
- Assist with the management of spare parts/refurbishment of rotable equipment to improve service life, reliability, reduce costs etc.
- Assist in the control of maintenance inventory. Co-ordinate direct charge purchases. Ensure consumables and spares are made warehouse stock as required.
- Assist the Electrical Group to capture good, reliable work order data in order to generate accurate reliability figures.
- Ensure maintenance strategies and activities are captured in SAP for all Electrical maintenance activities.
- Assist in the development of Procedures, maintenance plans and SWI’s,
- Together with operations, OH&S, and maintenance personnel, ensure that Take 5’s and JSA’s have been completed for each job as required
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- Trade Qualified Electrical Fitter Mechanic / Cert III in Electro technology Electrician.
- Exposure to Fixed plant and Mobile Electrical systems in an underground environment.
- SAP PM Proficiency.
- Experience working on 1000V distribution systems.
- Experience in maintaining Sandvik Axera 7 Jumbos and Atlas Copco Simba L6 Drilling units.
- Able to read and interpret detailed Electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of Crushing Conveying Electrical systems.
- Have had exposure to Winding/Hoisting systems.
- Fault finding abilities.
- Ability to manage, influence and work within a multi discipline maintenance team.
- Underground Electrical maintenance experience is essential.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate incorporating CPR and LVR competencies.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal.
- Intermediate level of computer skills – ability to efficiently navigate and utilise computer networks and applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Allen Bradley PLC experience would be advantageous.
What does South32 offer?
Globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- Cannington based role, on a 7/7 Days and Nights roster, FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane
- 14 Weeks paid parental leave and a return to work lump sum payment
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organization that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. The values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
How to Apply
If you are searching for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.Apply for Underground Mining Operator Electrician Northern QLD