Mechanical Technician – Underground Mining Jobs
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will play a key role in maintaining fixed plant equipment in a sub-level caving environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Actively promoting and maintaining high safety performance levels for the underground maintenance team by applying appropriate safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining fixed plant equipment including ventilation fans, pumping systems, underground crusher, conveying and hoisting systems
- Assisting in establishing effective maintenance strategies for plant and equipment with a focus on continuous improvement
- Liaising with necessary stakeholders on problems encountered and solutions identified
- Hosting contractor crews on an as required basis, specifically during scheduled shutdowns.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Fitter and Turner trade qualification or similar
- Hold a current Manual Australian Driver’s License
- Experience at hosting/leading groups of contractors
- Experience with using a computerized maintenance system
- Previous experience in a similar role within an underground environment
- A proven safety record, the ability to work unsupervised and within a team
- Hoisting experience would be highly regarded
- Crane ticket, Forklift ticket, HR license highly regarded
- Experience on rebuilding dewatering pumps (Weir, GEHO, Krebs) highly regarded
- Reliability & Condition Monitoring experience highly regarded.
The position operates on a continuous shift roster with a cycle of 8 days on, 7 days off, 7 nights on, 6 days off. The position may either be, locally based in Cloncurry (locality allowance applicable) or DIDO from Mount Isa.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to Apply
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Underground Mining Mechanical Technician Northern QLD
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.