Mechanical Technician – Underground Mining Jobs
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will play a key role in maintaining fixed plant equipment in a sub-level caving environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Actively promoting and maintaining high safety performance levels for the underground maintenance team by applying appropriate safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining fixed plant equipment including ventilation fans, pumping systems, underground crusher, conveying and hoisting systems
- Assisting in establishing effective maintenance strategies for plant and equipment with a focus on continuous improvement
- Liaising with necessary stakeholders on problems encountered and solutions identified
- Hosting contractor crews on an as required basis, specifically during scheduled shutdowns.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Fitter and Turner trade qualification or similar
- Hold a current Manual Australian Driver’s License
- Experience at hosting/leading groups of contractors
- Experience with using a computerized maintenance system
- Previous experience in a similar role within an underground environment
- A proven safety record, the ability to work unsupervised and within a team
- Hoisting experience would be highly regarded
- Crane ticket, Forklift ticket, HR license highly regarded
- Experience on rebuilding dewatering pumps (Weir, GEHO, Krebs) highly regarded
- Reliability & Condition Monitoring experience highly regarded.
The position operates on a continuous shift roster with a cycle of 8 days on, 7 days off, 7 nights on, 6 days off. The position may either be, locally based in Cloncurry (locality allowance applicable) or DIDO from Mount Isa.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to Apply
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Underground Mining Mechanical Technician Northern QLD
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.