This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Servicepersons – Peak Downs
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. they offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. There life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Their culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
As next Service person reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Peak Downs Mine is located 6km south-east of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin.
- Service heavy earth-moving equipment
- Conduct refueling operations
- Assist fitters where required
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- General workshop duties
- Mechanical trade or equivalent (desirable)
- Prior experience working as a service person on a mine site
- HR driver’s license preferable
- Demonstrated experience working in the mining and heavy earth moving industry, or hydraulic excavator industry
- Commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
Roster & Conditions
- 7 on 7 off rotating shift roster.
- 12.5 hour day & night shift.
- Permanent position.
- A bus will be provided from Mackay to site.
- No flights are/No FIFO provided for this position.
Females and indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
Thiess is an international organization with a diverse workforce enriched by an inclusive work environment, accessible to all. They leverage the diversity of there workforce to continually innovate and deliver world class projects for there clients. Thiess encourages applications from people who contribute to diverse workforce and align with cultural values.
How to Apply
In reward for your commitment you will receive a competitive remuneration, career advancement opportunities and you will have the benefit of working with like-minded professionals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Mining Maintenance Supervisor Moranbah QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list