If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Diesel Fitters
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They also offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. There life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keeps at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so the clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to there success and empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. There culture is built on their Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
Diesel Fitter reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Mt Owen Mine, Ravensworth, Hunter Valley – 12 month fixed term contract
About the Role
Working an even time roster you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do. In return, they will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include;
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large scale mobile mining equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Services and Component Change outs to a high regard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximise equipment utilisation
What skills and experience do you need?
- Trade Certificate in Diesel Fitting or relevant equivalent
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Experience in General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Component Change Outs and Servicing of Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
- Demonstrated experience with Liebherr and Cat large earth moving equipment
How to apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. Please apply online today.
They are also committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which were they operate.
Click Apply for Underground Mining Diesel Fitters Australia