Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Miner Drivers & Roadheader Operators North Goonyella
- Newly awarded 2 year contract
- Camp + Meals provided for crews on 7/7 roster
- Due to commence October 2017
- Competitive salary + Cutting Bonus
- North Goonyella, Bowen Basin QLD
Mastermyne Group has been awarded a new Development contract working at Peabody’s North Goonyella mine. They will be mobilizing a high number of personnel for this contract including highly qualified and experienced Underground Miner Driver and Roadheader Operators who show strong risk management and safety behaviours and a driven productivity focus.
Candidates will be shortlisted against the criteria detailed below. The minimum requirements for these
- Extensive UG coal experience with a focus on Development work
- Tickets inc. Joy miner, roadheader, shuttle car, miner bolter, LHDs, driftrunner
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Current Generic Underground Induction Statement of Attainment
- Signed copies of your training transcripts and/or authorizations
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Australian Recognised Trade Qualification if applying for Trades roles
- Relevant Supervisory Certificates for supervisory roles.
Mastermyne is an employer with non-negotiable safety standards. They have an expectation that every employee seeks to add value to there clients and takes pride in performing work to an excellent standard. Additional benefits offered including group income protection, personal development and salary packaging bolster the value you can gain from working as part of the Mastermyne crew.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
To apply for this position
If the above role appeals to you,click APPLY BUTTON today!
Click Apply for Underground Miner Driver Roadheader Bowen Basin QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list