See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mine Manager – Rio Tinto
- Opportunity to work at one of the world’s most iconic & unique diamond mines
- A role with complexity and challenge in an underground block cave mine
- FIFO from Perth or residential in Kununurra on a 4 days on 3 days off roster – permanent contract – Argyle
About the role
They are searching for an Underground Mine Manager to utilize their experience leading a mining operations team to achieve productivity & cost efficiencies whilst inspiring improvements in safety, quality and team development. This is a front-line leadership role, working with Argyle’s leadership team across Rio Tinto’s 5 priorities of safety, growth, people, cash and partnerships.
This role is a great opportunity for a motivated, safety minded individual to positively influence the operations team and drive productivity targets. Working a 4 days on, 3 off roster and reporting to the
General Manager Operations, you will be:
- Leading and motivating your team to reach production targets whilst maintaining an excellent safety culture
- Collaborating with the technical leadership team to identify and solve production issues as they arise
- Co-coordinating training and development, ensuring safety compliance and career opportunities for your teams
- Leading and organizing the mining operations teams to deliver operational targets
- Working with the Argyle leadership team to drive safety communications and employee engagement
- Developing and maintaining effective internal working relationships to support the operational teams
- Stepping up to cover the General Manager’s role for leave coverage
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A passion for engaging your team to achieve their personal best
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing operational strategies and objectives
- Experience in a similar Mine Manager role within mining industry
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working collaboratively and building and sustaining relationships
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Manual C Class Australian drivers license
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience in block caving and underground mining methods
- First Class Mine Manager’s/Quarry Manager’s Certificate
- Quarry Manager’s/Underground Mine Manager’s Certificate
If you do not currently hold a First Class Mine Manager’s/Quarry Manager’s Certificate or an Underground/Quarry Mine Manager’s Certificate, you must be willing and able to obtain one of these as soon as possible.
As pioneers in mining and metals, they produce materials essential to human progress.
There long history is filled with firsts. They’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and there people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, there people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Mine Manager Rio Tinto Mining Operations